Have minecraft on PC? Upgraded to the new OS, Windows 10? Congrats, you are eligible for a free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

The beta version is available now for current Minecraft players free of charge or $9.99 for new players. It can only be played on Windows 10 so if you haven't upgraded yet you can still go through the process of redeeming the free code but it wont let you download it until you upgrade. Here's some instructions from Mojang on how to claim your game: https://mojang.com/2015/07/get-minec...beta-for-free/

What's the difference in this new version?

nothing

actually a few things but at first glance it will seem the same. The biggest thing is ditching java and early reports say it's already running faster and smoother. In game settings have been seriously simplified but I'm not sure if we will start to get more back as the beta progresses. If IGN's quick dive into it is accurate and they weren't just being retarded, there isn't a full screen mode which seems like an odd omission so I'm really hoping more options are incoming. Controller support is built into the game as well, for those that prefer to play that way but unless the menus change layout depending on your input choice it seems inefficient to not use a mouse.

I haven't been able to play it myself yet so I'm not sure what other features are included or lacking yet but we shall see as the internet explores the ins and outs of this version over the coming days