US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Ironhide400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,827
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    2

    Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager





    http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/ga ... rm?photo=0

    Koral Wira, 14, was fishing with her parents and a friend near Venice, Fla., when a barracuda went for her dad's bait and ended up biting her instead. Her dad, Rob Parker, submitted these photos and Wira told the story.

    After anchoring the boat 4 miles off shore, Parker baited his rod with herring. Wira switched seats to get out of the hot sun, and watched as her dad cast. Moments later, she heard a splash and saw a long silver flash in the air. A barracuda jumped from the water and opened its mouth. As it hit her left arm, it clamped down with razor teeth.
    I actually have heard of this before, but never being bit though. The guys I go tarpon fishing with have had barracuda jump out of the water when they pull the bait out. One has been hit in the chest by a 3ft barracuda. Luckily it didn't do anything but knock him down in the boat. :shock:




  2. #2
    USMG Member squidfamily1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    951
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Few years back we had an old guy down here get killed by one that jumped into his boat. Hit him right in the throat.
    With lobster season here we generally dive quite a bit and there's one that just hovers over the same spot and it's just creepy. Probably about 2 feet long but looks like 4 under water. I've never heard of one attacking someone underwater but they still scare the hell out of me when I come across them.



    Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

  3. #3
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Ironhide400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,827
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1
    Few years back we had an old guy down here get killed by one that jumped into his boat. Hit him right in the throat.
    :shock: :shock:




  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Yeah, they are for sure nasty... I hated catching the bastards and bringing them in the boat.

  5. #5
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    you know what would fix that.......a 45 I bet you thought I was gonna say dynamite .

    "It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

  6. #6
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Ironhide400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,827
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Yes, I thought dynamite was going to be the answer. You have been playing way too much RDR! :roll:




  7. #7
    USMG Member squidfamily1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    951
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    you know what would fix that.......a 45 I bet you thought I was gonna say dynamite .
    their fast, the only way you're going to hit them with a 45 is if you're in a john woo movie



    Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

  8. #8
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    you know what would fix that.......a 45 I bet you thought I was gonna say dynamite .
    their fast, the only way you're going to hit them with a 45 is if you're in a john woo movie
    it's already in the boat, put it in a net and plug it .

    "It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

  9. #9
    USMG Member squidfamily1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    951
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    you know what would fix that.......a 45 I bet you thought I was gonna say dynamite .
    their fast, the only way you're going to hit them with a 45 is if you're in a john woo movie
    it's already in the boat, put it in a net and plug it .
    you're usually already tagged by then, not to mention a 45 will leave a big ass hole in your boat.



    Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

  10. #10
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    you know what would fix that.......a 45 I bet you thought I was gonna say dynamite .
    their fast, the only way you're going to hit them with a 45 is if you're in a john woo movie
    it's already in the boat, put it in a net and plug it .
    you're usually already tagged by then, not to mention a 45 will leave a big ass hole in your boat.
    thatís what the net is for so you don't have to shoot it in the boat..... and yes you're already cut by then but this about vengeance. man I'd hate to be in a boat with you, if you're thinking about shooting it while it's still in the boat. it would be like a three stooges episode, with you playing all three archetypes .

    "It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

  11. #11
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Ironhide400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,827
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    You should be a little worried about being in a boat with him. Squid has the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose, but he can't shoot for shit!




  12. #12
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Leaping Barracuda Bites Teenager

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide400
    You should be a little worried about being in a boat with him. Squid has the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose, but he can't shoot for shit!
    .

    "It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

Similar Threads

  1. Teenager Has Testicle Amputated After 'Sack Tapping' Game
    By tracker_usmc in forum Scuttlebutt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 16:52

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •