US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rantoul, IL
    Posts
    242
    Blog Entries
    3

    OMG This HEAT!!!

    So, I'm guessing many of you know what I mean by HEAT! This global warming thing is crazy! :twisted: Here's some proof--
    Local Time: 9:11 PM CDT on August 03, 2010--Current Conditions--Rantoul, IL--Heat Index: 102 F
    And no rain or relief in sight till sometime tomorrow!! :twisted: When will it end!?

  2. #2
    USMG Member indyred99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    951
    First Name
    Matt
    Branch
    Airforce

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    I know the heat in Illinois. It gets that way alot, not to surprised at it really. Born in Watseka, lived all over Central Il before.


    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE THANK A VET TODAY!

  3. #3
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    David_3033's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    AL
    Posts
    3,712
    First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    It has been global warming since the ice age. :shock:

    But yes it is miserably hot out lately. I don't even want to go outside unless I am getting in a pool.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

  4. #4
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    MARDIGRA21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    3,779
    First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy

    OMG This HEAT!!!

    Is it humid like Texas is, god I hate humidity

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Ha, southern coastal georgia...I don't think the thermometer in my car has said anything under 100 during the day the past month...Plus its humid. Got to love it.

  6. #6
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    DahliaBellona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Posts
    476
    First Name
    Nesa
    Branch
    Army

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by thelowbar
    Ha, southern coastal georgia...I don't think the thermometer in my car has said anything under 100 during the day the past month...Plus its humid. Got to love it.
    I'm in Southeast Georgia too. I hate this state and it's humidity. I've never felt anything like it. My parents tell me my hometown in California is a HIGH OF 70!!! WTF!? I hate the summer; always have, always will.
    "USMG Official Ass Kicking Chick"

  7. #7
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    ASignorelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Turlock, CA
    Posts
    2,163
    First Name
    Andrew
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    102* is weak sauce, once you get over 130* you've felt the burn.


  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rantoul, IL
    Posts
    242
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ASignorelli
    102* is weak sauce, once you get over 130* you've felt the burn.
    Ya, the big thing is the humidity that hits you like a brick wall anytime you go outside!! :o I've been in the desert as well and I would take a dry heat over humid heat any day!! Granted 130* is pushing it for comfortability!

  9. #9
    Horsewoman Fury
    Bull3tBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,868
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by justj12479
    Quote Originally Posted by ASignorelli
    102* is weak sauce, once you get over 130* you've felt the burn.
    Ya, the big thing is the humidity that hits you like a brick wall anytime you go outside!! :o I've been in the desert as well and I would take a dry heat over humid heat any day!! Granted 130* is pushing it for comfortability!
    Comfortability????? I think we need to add that to the "words found only in the military" thread

    NJ has been really hot and humid as well. My kid's pool (12' round, 3' deep) was up to 110 and I couldn't let them swim in it. Had to dump part of it and add cool water. Of course my central air went out during this 1 month heat wave and we just got it replaced this past Friday. I will never take AC for granted again. :?


  10. #10
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Ironhide400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,827
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Yeah it has been insane here in central IL. It was 95, which doesn't sound too bad, but index was 112, with 90% humidity! :shock: You couldn't breath the air was so heavy. I hate everything about this state.




  11. #11
    Silent but Deadly....
    XxSilentxFartxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Posts
    1,747
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by indyred99
    I know the heat in Illinois. It gets that way alot, not to surprised at it really. Born in Watseka, lived all over Central Il before.
    You were born in watseka???? I grew up there!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    http://forums.usmilitarygamers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3616&d=1341691069

    Silent But Deadly!

  12. #12
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    DahliaBellona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Posts
    476
    First Name
    Nesa
    Branch
    Army

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by justj12479
    Quote Originally Posted by ASignorelli
    102* is weak sauce, once you get over 130* you've felt the burn.
    Ya, the big thing is the humidity that hits you like a brick wall anytime you go outside!! :o I've been in the desert as well and I would take a dry heat over humid heat any day!! Granted 130* is pushing it for comfortability!
    I agree; the dry heat at least is tolerable compared to the humidity. July/August in Iraq was not as bad compared to this humidity crap. I hate Georgia. :|
    "USMG Official Ass Kicking Chick"

  13. #13
    Guest

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ASignorelli
    102* is weak sauce, once you get over 130* you've felt the burn.
    Haha yeah been there done that...but it wasnt humid. You don't get that sticky feeling quite as fast.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ASignorelli
    102* is weak sauce, once you get over 130* you've felt the burn.
    Ha yeah been there done that, but it wasn't humid, so you don't get that sticky feeling as fast. haha

  15. #15
    USMG Member squidfamily1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    951
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    I just got back from Norfolk and Atlanta, dowright cool compared to south florida. got out of the car at home around 5:00 into a wall of sweat.



    Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

  16. #16
    USMG Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    414
    First Name
    Bryan
    Branch
    Army

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    did we recruit .............



    Nice job!



  17. #17
    USMG Member indyred99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    951
    First Name
    Matt
    Branch
    Airforce

    Re: Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by XxSILENTxFARTxX
    Quote Originally Posted by indyred99
    I know the heat in Illinois. It gets that way alot, not to surprised at it really. Born in Watseka, lived all over Central Il before.
    You were born in watseka???? I grew up there!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Yep. Grandparents and aunt still live there.

    Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk


    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE THANK A VET TODAY!

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rantoul, IL
    Posts
    242
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by airborne509
    did we recruit .............



    Nice job!

    HHHHHMMMMMM!!!!!????? Maybe :twisted:

  19. #19
    USMG Prestiged Member ladym123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    Posts
    3,911
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Stop moaning! it's pissing down and windy here!

    Our summer finished the middle of July I reckon...just in time for the kids to break up for summer term

    We had a major heatwave though for 2 and a half months before that...weird weather everywhere I think :?



  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Right Behind You...Breathing Heavily
    Posts
    23

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xAresx029
    Quote Originally Posted by thelowbar
    Ha, southern coastal georgia...I don't think the thermometer in my car has said anything under 100 during the day the past month...Plus its humid. Got to love it.
    I'm in Southeast Georgia too. I hate this state and it's humidity. I've never felt anything like it. My parents tell me my hometown in California is a HIGH OF 70!!! WTF!? I hate the summer; always have, always will.
    South Alabama...we haven't passed the 110 threshold or anything major but the humidity has broken the 100% mark everyday for a month...sticky skin is horrible.

  21. #21
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    DahliaBellona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Posts
    476
    First Name
    Nesa
    Branch
    Army

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas7787
    Quote Originally Posted by xAresx029
    Quote Originally Posted by thelowbar
    Ha, southern coastal georgia...I don't think the thermometer in my car has said anything under 100 during the day the past month...Plus its humid. Got to love it.
    I'm in Southeast Georgia too. I hate this state and it's humidity. I've never felt anything like it. My parents tell me my hometown in California is a HIGH OF 70!!! WTF!? I hate the summer; always have, always will.
    South Alabama...we haven't passed the 110 threshold or anything major but the humidity has broken the 100% mark everyday for a month...sticky skin is horrible.
    Oh definitely especially when you're only standing outside for FIVE minutes and you're already dripping....nasty! I think I'd rather stick my face on an oven grill.
    "USMG Official Ass Kicking Chick"

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rantoul, IL
    Posts
    242
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bull3tBait
    Comfortability????? I think we need to add that to the "words found only in the military" thread

    NJ has been really hot and humid as well. My kid's pool (12' round, 3' deep) was up to 110 and I couldn't let them swim in it. Had to dump part of it and add cool water. Of course my central air went out during this 1 month heat wave and we just got it replaced this past Friday. I will never take AC for granted again. :?
    I would add the word to the list, but I can't seem to find that thread anymore, it might have been one of the ones deleted, or "consolidated".

  23. #23
    Horsewoman Fury
    Bull3tBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,868
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by justj12479
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull3tBait
    Comfortability????? I think we need to add that to the "words found only in the military" thread

    NJ has been really hot and humid as well. My kid's pool (12' round, 3' deep) was up to 110 and I couldn't let them swim in it. Had to dump part of it and add cool water. Of course my central air went out during this 1 month heat wave and we just got it replaced this past Friday. I will never take AC for granted again. :?
    I would add the word to the list, but I can't seem to find that thread anymore, it might have been one of the ones deleted, or "consolidated".
    Would the "Introductions" Thread have been one of those "deleted" or "consolidated" too? I can't seem to locate that one either. I've been using the search in every board and come up with nothing.


  24. #24
    King of the Road
    MaximusR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,869
    First Name
    Ray
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    you guys talking about this thread?

    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2544

    page 3 of the scuttlebutt

    Gaming is staying up 'til 3am to earn a trophy that isn't real.......BUT IS

  25. #25
    Horsewoman Fury
    Bull3tBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,868
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OMG This HEAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusR3
    you guys talking about this thread?

    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2544

    page 3 of the scuttlebutt
    Yep that was the one. I got my answer on the other.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •