US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Staff[360-Recruiting]
    Warhammer0351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nome, Tx
    Posts
    916
    First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    1

    This makes me MAD!!! This is STUPID to ALLOW!!!

    Like the title says. This is dumb! For the Supreme Court, that WE protect, to allow them to do this? What is ya'lls opinion on this?
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/...neral_protests

    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all outta gum!"-Duke Nukem

  2. #2
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Ironhide400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,827
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    2
    I seen that today too...INSANE! Seriously, WTF! If we have funeral around here that has protesters, my friends and I will be on hand with our super soakers filled with an unfortunate liquid. We will see how long they hang around. I don't think our local police would be to upset with us considering most of them are prior military. It is truly sad that this is allowed. It says alot about where this country is heading.




  3. #3
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Honestly, as much as I detest the majority of the current SCOTUS and many of their decisions ... I have to agree with this one. So long as the protesters remain off of private property we can't infringe on their right to assemble and speak freely just because we are offended by what they say.

    Remember, it goes both ways. When black people were protesting for an end to segregation and to stop being treated as second-class citizens, many people were probably pretty offended by that. But because of the Constitution Civil Rights advocates had a right to assemble and protest.

    I despise Westboro and what they do, but Constitutionally I can't in good conscience advocate stripping them of their rights.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  4. #4
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Ironhide400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,827
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    Honestly, as much as I detest the majority of the current SCOTUS and many of their decisions ... I have to agree with this one. So long as the protesters remain off of private property we can't infringe on their right to assemble and speak freely just because we are offended by what they say.

    Remember, it goes both ways. When black people were protesting for an end to segregation and to stop being treated as second-class citizens, many people were probably pretty offended by that. But because of the Constitution Civil Rights advocates had a right to assemble and protest.

    I despise Westboro and what they do, but Constitutionally I can't in good conscience advocate stripping them of their rights.
    This is a gray area for me. It's not the offending me part that is the issue for me. It is the disrespectful behavior that the family has to deal with that pisses me off. Let them protest all day long, I don't give a crap! BUT, doing it at a funeral is very disrespectful and wrong. If they hate this country's govt. so much that they protest at funerals for soldiers who are protecting their right to free speech, then they can go find another country. It's not about stripping them of their rights, its about respect, which much of our population is lacking alot of these days.




  5. #5
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide400 View Post
    This is a gray area for me. It's not the offending me part that is the issue for me. It is the disrespectful behavior that the family has to deal with that pisses me off. Let them protest all day long, I don't give a crap! BUT, doing it at a funeral is very disrespectful and wrong. If they hate this country's govt. so much that they protest at funerals for soldiers who are protecting their right to free speech, then they can go find another country. It's not about stripping them of their rights, its about respect, which much of our population is lacking alot of these days.
    I know. And it is very disrespectful. And I agree that it is a difficult situation. But my own passions aside, from a legal standpoint, we can't say they can't protest. So long as they are following the strictures of the law (such as remaining off of private property).

    I wish people had the common decency and respect to leave alone grieving families as they pay their respects. But I don't feel that I can enforce that wish through the law without compromising the integrity of the Constitution.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  6. #6
    Staff[360-Recruiting]
    Warhammer0351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nome, Tx
    Posts
    916
    First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    1
    I agree that we can't take away their right to protest. Let them protest all day long...just SOMEWHERE else! Let them protest at courthouses, police station, etc. Hell, let them protest at Taco Bell or McDonalds! LOL! Just NOT at a funeral!

    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all outta gum!"-Duke Nukem

  7. #7
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    Let create a non-profit group that pickets the westboro church, and fires off hateful slanders that their perish is communicating the words of the devil.
    I mean, isn't it in the bible, that good, faithful believers will not injure or harm each other, will not covet they neighbor, etc. and so forth..
    I just did a quick google search and came up with these..

    Corinthians 14:4 - Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
    I believe everyone is familiar with this quote: (The whole, do unto others rule.)
    Leviticus 19:18 - Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
    They think their doing gods work, but all I hear is the devil (Happy Gilmore reference. )..


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  8. #8
    USMG Prestiged Member toby2533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,644
    First Name
    Doug
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    3
    that's what we are going to discuss tonight at the VFW meeting that we start to picket at these nut jobs houses, I'm going to write a letter to the nation VFW commander asking that we setup a fund to do this and have people outside there house 24/7 for a couploe of months, hell I would take a week of vac todo that. This happened in York county PA where I live. The other fact that we don't here about is the 4 state cops and local mun that had to setup a zone with yellow tape and the cops made sure know one did anything to these asshole's I think they should at least have to reimburst the state for the cops and other stuff. These nut jobs almost make me want to throw my life away by double tapping each one, let me take that back they desereve bad gut wounds.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    jxspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa....ish.
    Posts
    11,327
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    Let create a non-profit group that pickets the westboro church, and fires off hateful slanders that their perish is communicating the words of the devil.
    I mean, isn't it in the bible, that good, faithful believers will not injure or harm each other, will not covet they neighbor, etc. and so forth..
    I just did a quick google search and came up with these..


    I believe everyone is familiar with this quote: (The whole, do unto others rule.)
    They think their doing gods work, but all I hear is the devil (Happy Gilmore reference. )..

    Yeah, it's amazing how un-christian certain christian groups can be. At the very least, this is moving beyond the whole "tax-exempt church group" mentality, and their ass needs to be hammered.


  10. #10
    USMG Prestiged Member toby2533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,644
    First Name
    Doug
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    3
    http://www.trebilcockforjudge.com/

    We had Colonel Trebilock one of two attorneys who represented York Countian Mr Albert Snyder before the supreme court. He said to our meeting of 26 veterans that it was very wrong and used some very colorful words, he said the only justice with military experience was the 1 vote for Mr snyder. This is the reason we have to start electing veterans in office. This Colonel is running for Judge here now look at the link want to start a veterans court to help guys returning to get help rather then be put into jail. The VFW also came out against Michele Bachman from MN who wants to cut $400 billion from the va budget.

  11. #11
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    GriffinSentinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, Pa.
    Posts
    1,600
    First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    I think we need to call in a few AC-130s and be done with the WBC.

  12. #12
    Staff[360-Recruiting]
    Warhammer0351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nome, Tx
    Posts
    916
    First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sentry, I agree! I did a follow up thread to this. You should check it out! It's under this forum.

    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all outta gum!"-Duke Nukem

  13. #13
    USMG Prestiged Member toby2533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,644
    First Name
    Doug
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    3
    these nuts were threating to be at the funeral of a family that lost 7 kids in a house fire in Elliottsburg Pa, saying the law suite came from PA so God was punishing PA, but so far this morining the state police have not had a permit applied for yet Funeral today. The family's only kid to live was there 3 year old, mother was in the barn milking cows and the dad was delivering a supply of milk to a vendor.

Similar Threads

  1. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer
    By River_Rat_459 in forum Scuttlebutt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 11:58
  2. Guy makes Gears Of War Lancer!! Awesome!!!
    By Warhammer0351 in forum Scuttlebutt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 15:19
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 11:10

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •