US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Branch
    Civilian

Playstation move and sharpshooter

Lets talk about the ps3 move and sharpshooter. I just purchased last week to play Killzone 3 , I m still having a little trouble adjusting .I'm playing campaign with the sharpshooter and I'm doing OK. I tried MP and had 11 kills woo -whoo ! Does anyone have the sharpshooter and if you do and your playing KZ3 what are your settings. Is it better than the controller ?I have played with the controller and its easier but thats just because i'm use to the controller. I can't say if its better or worse since I haven't fully grasped the sharpshooter. Finally any info on upcoming games that will allow the sharpshooter . I know Socom is compatible .

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    I don't have the sharpshooter, but thinking I might not get it and here is why. I tried the move with killzone and it was tough. Maybe it was just the huge learning curve that I need to get past but I am not sure. The movements at least without the sharpshooter seemed really awkward. I would like to know more about the sharpshooter from other that do have it so I can make my final decision...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

Branch
    Civilian
    I 've been using it and I am enjoying it. Arms do get tired after sometime (I call it a work out) . Yes there is a good learning curve . I have asked a few people at gamestop that use it and they also say makes the game more enjoyable. Its like using a driving wheel for race games instead of the controller.I also read that there is going to be a patch to even the playing field for KZ3 , due to the amount of people using the sharpshooter and how accurate it is, compared to the controller . From the looks of it in my personal experience you will need a good amount of practice. So far I must say it does make campaign mode alot more intense . MP at this time not so good, but I did get 11 kills !

First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    I usually get less than 10 kills with the sharpshooter, takes a while to get used to but it makes the game more intense, I'm still finishing kz2 before I start the kz3 campaign

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    What about the Splitfish Shark Fragfx mouse controller? Anyone tried that?

getting the fragfx piranha this week, I'll let you know how it plays.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    getting the fragfx piranha this week, I'll let you know how it plays.
    I got the shark today...the aim is phenomenal!! Precise and accurate... but I'm having trouble with what would be the Y axis...moving around is tricky with the mouse and a bit cumbersome.

When you get it right it really is a blast but I'm not sure how much perseverance it's gonna take...it's a little frustrating.

There is no lag whatsoever, it is really responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by ladym123 View Post
    I got the shark today...the aim is phenomenal!! Precise and accurate... but I'm having trouble with what would be the Y axis...moving around is tricky with the mouse and a bit cumbersome.

When you get it right it really is a blast but I'm not sure how much perseverance it's gonna take...it's a little frustrating.

There is no lag whatsoever, it is really responsive.

it's about as true to mouse pc play as you can get. the button remapping and rapid fire are also very enticing

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    it's about as true to mouse pc play as you can get. the button remapping and rapid fire are also very enticing
    When I used to play pc games I used a game control pad so I've never had any practice with a mouse controller...it's definitely a learning curve