US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines

Lightbulb Programming Help!!

I hope there is someone here that can help me with this homework. I am having some trouble with one of the classes that I am taking. I don't know if it's so much the class as much as the teacher sucks and doesn't teach us anything. Anyways, does anyone here know much about arrays in programming? If not don't worry about cluttering up this forum, I need help not jokes, thanks!

I am trying to make a program that deals the whole deck of 52 cards to four players, it must not have duplicates (here is my problem). We are using flowcharts through Raptor an algorithm flowchart based environment that the airforce came up with. I have figured out most of the program, except I can't figure out how to not duplicate the cards dealt. I figured out the random part just fine. Any help would be much appreciated, this is our final project worth 10% of our grade!!

Link to download raptor if anyone want so. http://raptor.martincarlisle.com/
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Thanks smoke that is kind of along the lines of what I need. I don't know if I saw anything about the random function in there. I need away to get rid of these duplicate cards.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

Tim's Bromance Partner
    First Name
    Ben
    Branch
    Army
    Well smoke beat me to it... anyway what degree you working for?

Sent from my Liberty running cyanogenmod 7 RC2 gingerbread
    "Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves"

William Pitt, 1783

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Associates of science right now. I am having the toughest time with this class. If I don't get this project I will fail. I still can't seem to find what I am looking for in that.

King of the Road
    First Name
    Ray
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    it sounds silly really but if you were doing this in LBP 2 i would be able to walk you through it all no problem. It's surprising how much programming and digital logic go into littlebigplanet when you make complex levels

Gaming is staying up 'til 3am to earn a trophy that isn't real.......BUT IS

First Name
    Jeremy
    You might want to check out iTunesU, they often have some pretty great instructional items in there and I know I've seen stuff for game dev and computer stuff. I'd search it and see if I could find anything for you but I don't really know what you are looking for.

"I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

Silent but Deadly....
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    If you still need help let me know!
    http://forums.usmilitarygamers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3616&d=1341691069

Silent But Deadly!

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Oh, I am sure trust me. I bet you would be great at this class.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusR3 View Post
    it sounds silly really but if you were doing this in LBP 2 i would be able to walk you through it all no problem. It's surprising how much programming and digital logic go into littlebigplanet when you make complex levels
    Silent yes I still need help. I can email this file I have to anyone that thinks they can help me out and willing to.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxSILENTxFARTxX View Post
    If you still need help let me know!

Silent but Deadly....
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    email it then, ill take a look
    http://forums.usmilitarygamers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3616&d=1341691069

Silent But Deadly!

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Thanks for all the help guys. I finally got the program figured out this morning. I have been grinding on this project for about three weeks now. I was about to lose all hope. Glad I stuck with it now. It sure does feel good to be done!!!