US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moral Dilemmas

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian

Moral Dilemmas

'Bout time we had another just for fun thread

So here's a moral dilemma...it's not a huge big dilemma but I did think about it myself without looking on the internet where there are tons of great ones...just trying to keep it original

So...if someone bought you a lotto ticket as a gift in a birthday card or something, would you share the winnings if you won the jackpot, or give them an amount as a gesture, or keep the lot yourself?

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    I'd share the winnings mostly because I'd do that anyways. But the smart ass in me would give the cost for the card and ticket.

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    But the smart ass in me would give the cost for the card and ticket.
    Lol good one...you'd just have to do that first of all as a joke though wouldn't you!

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Quote Originally Posted by ladym123 View Post
    Lol good one...you'd just have to do that first of all as a joke though wouldn't you!
    Right, first. That's what I'd do.

First Name
    Jeremy
    Well I'm a firm believer in taking care of family and friends. So I'd dish out the change to them regardless of whether or not they bought me the ticket. May not split the winnings, but I'll make sure they're taken care of.

"I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Ok reverse it a mo...would you expect them to split it? What if they didn't? hmmm?

First Name
    Jeremy
    Ok reverse it a mo...would you expect them to split it? What if they didn't? hmmm?
    I wouldn't expect a 50/50 split; but I'd expect a kickback of a fair amount. If they didn't? Set their new mansion on fire and walk away all action hero style.

"I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Army
    personally i wouldn't give them anything, but they would always be welcome over at my new crib
    "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

Horsewoman Fury
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    Well now. It was a gift right? It would really depend on how big that Jackpot was.

up to $50k, - A couple hundred of it maybe (I have a lot of debt to pay off).

50k to $500k - A grand or more maybe

Over a million - A few grand definitely. As for what I would do with the rest....My family is huge (~30 Aunts/Uncles, Close to 100 Cousins). Most never kept in touch with me except now to friend me on facebook and send xmas cards. I would just take care of my immediate family and closest friends. I don't know that i would give them a chunk of money but i would help pay off debt or in my parents case pay off their house, etc. I would try to invest it and live off the interest as much as I can. I actually have a whole POA (Plan of Action) in my head of what I would do every time I buy a big money lotto ticket

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull3tBait View Post
    Well now. It was a gift right? It would really depend on how big that Jackpot was.

up to $50k, - A couple hundred of it maybe (I have a lot of debt to pay off).

50k to $500k - A grand or more maybe

Over a million - A few grand definitely. As for what I would do with the rest....My family is huge (~30 Aunts/Uncles, Close to 100 Cousins). Most never kept in touch with me except now to friend me on facebook and send xmas cards. I would just take care of my immediate family and closest friends. I don't know that i would give them a chunk of money but i would help pay off debt or in my parents case pay off their house, etc. I would try to invest it and live off the interest as much as I can. I actually have a whole POA (Plan of Action) in my head of what I would do every time I buy a big money lotto ticket

Haha! Yes I can see that...I'm sure we have all considered the scenario 'if I won' now and again.

Immediate family for me too as I too have a biiiiiiig family and don't see many ...some not at all.

However, I did actually buy a ticket for a friend's daughter last week and my husband says ....'ah you'll be gutted if she wins now' ...which of course started a whole debate lol!

I ended up saying...next time I buy someone a ticket I'm gonna buy 2 tickets with exactly the same numbers and keep one myself...just in case!

Anyway as far as I know she never won...but then I didn't make a note of those numbers lol!

If anyone has a moral dilemma for discussion...please post

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    I'd give the person 1% of my winnings.

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    I'm a greedy bastard, so no. Because I highly doubt they're going to give me actual money if the tickets lose.

Blog Entries
    if They're too cheap to buy you a real gift why would you give them any winnings?
    Moral dilemma: if one of your parents gets remarried and your new step sister is really hot can you have sex with her? Dating would be creepy though.

Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

Horsewoman Fury
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1 View Post
    if They're too cheap to buy you a real gift why would you give them any winnings?
    Moral dilemma: if one of your parents gets remarried and your new step sister is really hot can you have sex with her? Dating would be creepy though.
    I do believe this happens quite frequently. Not like they are biologically related.

First Name
    Jeremy
    The steps hooking up one reminds me of the movie Because I Said So. Cos that totally ends up happening.

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Hey!

I bought her a ticket cos I didn't want to just give her a boring card lol! I did gifts 'til her 21st birthday and it's stops there I'm afraid...well, with friends children I mean

dilemma: if one of your parents gets remarried and your new step sister is hot can you have sex with her? Dating would be creepy though.

I think not...it's just too weird! But I would expect you to come up with the idea!

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    As long as you don't write all your escapades in a notebook, and your step-sister doesn't snort coke out of a cross. Oh, and don't make a bet with her that you'll get some from someone, and if you win you get to do her...anywhere. Because she'll seduce some guy in a love triangle to kill you.

But I would totally do my step sister if she looked like Sarah Michelle Geller.

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    As long as you don't write all your escapades in a notebook, and your step-sister doesn't snort coke out of a cross. Oh, and don't make a bet with her that you'll get some from someone, and if you win you get to do her...anywhere. Because she'll seduce some guy in a love triangle to kill you.

But I would totally do my step sister if she looked like Sarah Michelle Geller.
    Oh geez

I'd keep it. Then hire Lady, to prance around in a maid outfit for me.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

Airborne Recon Gy-reen Rexasaurus
    First Name
    Tim
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I'd keep it. Then hire Lady, to prance around in a maid outfit for me.
    Agreed

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4G

Signature thanks to jgreco138

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Jack is there nothing you can't turn into a Lady fantasy?

lol

Jack is there nothing you can't turn into a Lady fantasy?

lol
    No there isn't, LOL!!!!

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    No there isn't, LOL!!!!
    Ok well here's a thought for you

I have a terrible cold and cough at the moment and this morning I coughed up the biggest greeny I've ever seen! It was proper gross and I really had to dig deep to get that one up!

Not much of a lady fantasy now huh?

Ok well here's a thought for you

I have a terrible cold and cough at the moment and this morning I coughed up the biggest greeny I've ever seen! It was proper gross and I really had to dig deep to get that one up!

Not much of a lady fantasy now huh?
    Here is what I heard. Lady; I have a terrible wardrobe issue at the moment, this morning when I woke up. I didn't know if I should wear the body by Victoria bra, with the leopard print push up for the extra sexy look. or the memory fit in the black, with the pink poka dots and the pink lacy bows/ frills on the panties for the super sexy look.

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Here is what I heard. Lady; I have a terrible wardrobe issue at the moment, this morning when I woke up. I didn't know if I should wear the body by Victoria bra, with the leopard print push up for the extra sexy look. or the memory fit in the black, with the pink poka dots and the pink lacy bows/ frills on the panties for the super sexy look.
    ROFL!!! Jack you crack me up lol!

I actually went for the tired old greyish/white bra, a tatty pair of jeans and went commando

Then got back from school and back into my comfy pj's, and then cooked myself a breakfast to comfort me as a lay on the sofa feeling sorry for myself today 'til the lurgy has gone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast