US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries

Sweet!!!! i just got a job offer !!

So when i done with my term in prison and get release from this hell we all know as Afghanistan.. i will officially be a civilian with no ties to the government at all....unless... ive be eyeing some cushy gov jobs at Redstone Arsenal..(home of Army Aviation Historicals)....hmmmmm anywho i got contacted from a buddy who spoke up for me at his job to his boss and gave me a open offer to come work at their place..hmm ok im intrigued...its with a very old and solid company . I would work as a helo mech/inspector...civilian SAR..MEDAC..& Transports to the oil rigs of the gulf coast... Starting at about 60k/yr and its 2 weeks on and two weeks off...Great benefits and 401k plan..the great thing is i dont have to move cause they pay per-diem for the two weeks which would cover my hotel/motel for the 2 weeks..hmmm they have about 10-15 stations between Mobile, AL to Galveston, TX ...and i would only be working really 6 months out of the year.. wow sound almost to good to be true??
    any comments ?? you think i should take it when i get back??hmm IDK?? got to think about this.....

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Army
    that's freaking awesome man... i would absolutly consider that!
    "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    yeah im still thinking about converting my GI Bill and maybe go to school...that post 911 bill is freaking awesome...but damn with a offer like that maybe just go part time was thinking of getting in to Computers/networking.... kinda like if i could find what i do for the army...computer/automation and Aircraft...that would be sweet

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Staff[360-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    That's awesome man! I had a buddy in the Airforce that was a mechanic. When he got out, he had many companies like Boeing(?) and Lockheed Martin sending him requests to come work for them. They told him to pretty much name his salary!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all outta gum!"-Duke Nukem

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Sounds good man you would be living in my hometown then. Let me know if they have anymore openings I need to find a new job.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

I'd take it, but thatís just me. you have to do right by you and yours. no one can tell you but you, as to what choice you should make... but congrats!!!!

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

Horsewoman Fury
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    I would say take it. The economy isn't all that much better and jobs are still hard to find. School is a lot less stressful if you're not worried about making ends meet. I don't know what your financial situation is but in any case never pass up a good thing.

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    yeah after talking over with the wife ...well wait and see ..my buddy boss said its a open ended offer and will be available for the rest of the year so when i get back i deff give them a call...funny thing i read a report that jobs in the Birmingham area are quite abundant... since im juggling 2 diff job skills( comps & Acft) I figure i have twice as many opportunity! cool thank you all for your comments!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Blog Entries
    Sometimes people getting out of the military think that the world is just going to open up it's arms and give you what you want, that's not the case. If this job is legit you need to sign on as soon as possible. I would also put out applications to any employer you would like to work for before you get out. It's always easier to find a job when you still have one. My suggestion to any other active duty guys in the clan is to make sure that if you have any high level clearance you put that in your resume because that can get you hired in and of itself.

Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

First Name
    Doug
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget about college with the unemploymnet rate being 8 to 9 % its on 3 % for someone with a BS degree.

All valid points.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    No, I think you should come and work for me as my personal slave and bodyguard. Cooking that stuff I have never heard of? and protecting me from scary monsters

Quote Originally Posted by ladym123 View Post
    No, I think you should come and work for me as my personal slave and bodyguard. Cooking that stuff I have never heard of? and protecting me from scary monsters
    Damn... sounds nice lol.

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Damn... sounds nice lol.
    Yes forward all applications to my inbox... with a list of your skills and experience that you feel would be of relevance please.

Quote Originally Posted by ladym123 View Post
    Yes forward all applications to my inbox... with a list of your skills and experience that you feel would be of relevance please.
    My dream job come to life lol.

Tim's Bromance Partner
    First Name
    Ben
    Branch
    Army
    congrats man! might want to jump on this before its to late despite what is said
    "Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves"

William Pitt, 1783

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Grats Crazy, you should get me a job while you're at it.

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    Grats Crazy, you should get me a job while you're at it.
    got your A&P?? its a must for this company..

growing fleet of Agusta AW139s, a medium-twin engine helicopter capable of carrying up to 15 passengers and traveling at a speed of 167 knots (approximately 192 mph). also operates the reliable Sikorsky S76 series (A++ and C++), a proven aircraft for tough deepwater missions. The fleet includes aircraft to suit most any need; from the smaller, fast Eurocopter EC135 with its exceptionally smooth, quiet ride, to the much sought-after heavy twin-engine Eurocopter 225 Super Puma, capable of carrying 19 passengers on tough, deepwater missions. All aircraft are outfitted with the latest performance enhancing technology.

SWEET....

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"