US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin


Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7

    Thumbs up Signup Now for The Old Republic

    I created a guild. Feel free to signup.
    The Old Republic comes out later this year..

    http://www.swtor.com/guilds/70259/us-military-gamers


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  2. #2
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    So are we going to be Jedi? Troopers? Smugglers? What is everyone else looking forward to playing?
    Last edited by Crusty; 04-17-2011 at 10:18. Reason: Realized that we'll be on the galactic side

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  3. #3
    Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    CrzyChinook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    Posts
    3,713
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    1
    im in...two thing i love the most nascar and starwars!!!


    "Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

  4. #4
    USMG Member indyred99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    951
    First Name
    Matt
    Branch
    Airforce
    This is just for PC right? I doubt my computer could run it. Only have a laptop.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk


    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE THANK A VET TODAY!

  5. #5
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    Good time for an upgrade, you've got another few months.. its not due out until late summer, early fall.... last I heard..

    Quote Originally Posted by indyred99 View Post
    This is just for PC right? I doubt my computer could run it. Only have a laptop.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  6. #6
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    I, personally, was looking at creating a jedi knight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    So are we going to be Jedi? Troopers? Smugglers? What is everyone else looking forward to playing?


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  7. #7
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    I, personally, was looking at creating a jedi knight..
    See I'm thinking of doing a jedi knight too if I can play as a Miraluka. But I'm also seriously debating playing a Smuggler.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  8. #8
    USMG Member indyred99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    951
    First Name
    Matt
    Branch
    Airforce
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    Good time for an upgrade, you've got another few months.. its not due out until late summer, early fall.... last I heard..
    Maybe I'll look into building one. Always wanted to do that.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk


    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE THANK A VET TODAY!

  9. #9
    Silent but Deadly....
    XxSilentxFartxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Posts
    1,747
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    7
    Joined!!
    http://forums.usmilitarygamers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3616&d=1341691069

    Silent But Deadly!

  10. #10
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    I actually think I'm going to have to start with a Jedi to appease my son. Now I have the length of summer to decide on the knight or consular.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  11. #11
    Silent but Deadly....
    XxSilentxFartxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Posts
    1,747
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    7
    Im starting off as a Jedi Knight as well
    http://forums.usmilitarygamers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3616&d=1341691069

    Silent But Deadly!

  12. #12
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by XxSILENTxFARTxX View Post
    Im starting off as a Jedi Knight as well
    sweet. Well if you and smoke are starting out as knights I'm going to have to start out as a Consular. Glad we have that settled several months in advance. lol

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  13. #13
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    I can help if you need it.

    Quote Originally Posted by indyred99 View Post
    Maybe I'll look into building one. Always wanted to do that.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  14. #14
    Global Moderator
    jxspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa....ish.
    Posts
    11,327
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    3
    Sorry, can't join. I've been die-hard following the Empire since '08 when the site was launched. So no Republic guild for my main. Unless it becomes a clan issue, in which case I'll make a trooper alt.

    Not to subtly suggest that the guild go Empire, or anything......but if we were to maintain a Republic guild, the obvious choice is to make an all Trooper guild.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk


  15. #15
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    "Evil will always win because good is dumb."



    milkiamyourfather-434.jpg



    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    Sorry, can't join. I've been die-hard following the Empire since '08 when the site was launched. So no Republic guild for my main. Unless it becomes a clan issue, in which case I'll make a trooper alt.

    Not to subtly suggest that the guild go Empire, or anything......but if we were to maintain a Republic guild, the obvious choice is to make an all Trooper guild.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  16. #16
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    Not to subtly suggest that the guild go Empire, or anything......but if we were to maintain a Republic guild, the obvious choice is to make an all Trooper guild.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    True. But after watching some of the vids on gameplay we probably want to encourage a wide array of classes to make it easier to complete missions as a group.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  17. #17
    Global Moderator
    jxspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa....ish.
    Posts
    11,327
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    True. But after watching some of the vids on gameplay we probably want to encourage a wide array of classes to make it easier to complete missions as a group.
    That's the good part though. As a Trooper, you come prebuilt with said wide variety. Vanguards can choose to tank or DPS. Commandos can choose to DPS or heal. So as long as you're careful with AC choice, an all-Trooper guild can work. There are actually 4 classes that can pull this off.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk


  18. #18
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    added you all.

    I'm open to any mix of player style. You'll be able to choose different classes later, if you decide you don't like a class.


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  19. #19
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    added you all.

    I'm open to any mix of player style. You'll be able to choose different classes later, if you decide you don't like a class.
    Yeah I might switch to trooper or smuggler later but like many other people I want to check out the Jedi first. Then again, I might change my mind when the game comes out. You never do know.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  20. #20
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Also what do you guys think about setting up a mirror guild on the Sith side for our players (like JX) that want to play Sith?

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  21. #21
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    Fine by me. Spyder, you wanna head that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    Also what do you guys think about setting up a mirror guild on the Sith side for our players (like JX) that want to play Sith?


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

  22. #22
    Global Moderator
    jxspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa....ish.
    Posts
    11,327
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    Fine by me. Spyder, you wanna head that up?
    Actually, that brings up a question I've been meaning to ask anyway. Are we going to have a significant clan turnout, and since we're not really a PC clan, to my knowledge at least, do MMO guilds fall under clan jumping? I set up a guild back when they were announced, as a way to get guys I have been bullshitting with on the forums in to the same server. If it's considered clan hopping, I'll happily bail, but if not, we can probably use it as the USMG Sith Side clan, at least until launch, when we get a set server.z

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk


  23. #23
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    4,725
    Good question, put it up for discussion in the Executive room. I'm interested to see what this one produces.

    "It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

  24. #24
    I run this website..

    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shakopee, MN
    Posts
    6,066
    First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    7
    Me personally, when I played WoW, I joined the old guild that I was in before I stopped playing.
    I honestly think, if USMG doesn't have a presence in that game, the rule doesn't apply.
    In which case, the question is, DO we create a guild/clan or not.



    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    Actually, that brings up a question I've been meaning to ask anyway. Are we going to have a significant clan turnout, and since we're not really a PC clan, to my knowledge at least, do MMO guilds fall under clan jumping? I set up a guild back when they were announced, as a way to get guys I have been bullshitting with on the forums in to the same server. If it's considered clan hopping, I'll happily bail, but if not, we can probably use it as the USMG Sith Side clan, at least until launch, when we get a set server.z

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk


    Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

Similar Threads

  1. [PC] Star Wars: The Old Republic
    By jxspyder in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 360
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 19:35
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
    By ASignorelli in forum USMG Social Relay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 14:13
  3. [PC] Star wars republic commando 2
    By jack in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 15:29
  4. [PC] Star Wars:The Old Republic MMO
    By Pakman3000 in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 16:04

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •