US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin


Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    CrzyChinook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    Posts
    3,713
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    1

    WOW!! Lady You got to help me out with this one

    ok let me set the stage.... every night right after work i head to the gym for 45 min - 1 hour of lovely PT(physical training) and we have two gyms here on kandahar to choose from .. the American prison gym(dont ask) or the Internaional country club...its soo exclusive you have to have a extra pair of sneakers that are clean to work out in... i live right next to the country club so that's the one i go to every night...plus lot more hot foreign chicks in spandex..but i digress...... And since its a NATO Sponsored gym they run all the BBC channels we get out here on all the TV's i think its about 6-7 different channels...music, news, movies & etc. on about 20 plus large flat screen TV's. i happen to be jaming out on my zune not really paying much attention and the all of a sudden looked up at the tv in front of me .. it was the music channel.. they were doing the best 99...counting down the best 99 music titles of whatever they were doing that day.. they day i saw was the best 99 Indie rock songs...ok. so i started to watch it and saw some weird bands i had never heard of and some i had...ok...Then they reached #43 on the count down...Nirvana "Smells like Teen Spirit" .....Indie Rock?? WTF Grunge or Alternative Rock..but not Indie rock...i say again WTF!! and 43?? Sheesh come one it Nirvana!! Thats like calling the Beetles... Britpop and they were Meaaah..so-so...i mean come on!! what is up with the BBC?? Please some one back me up on this!!! uugghhh


    "Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    jxspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa....ish.
    Posts
    11,327
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    3
    I agree completely. Brits just have a............weird sense of "good" music. But I must admit I'm mildly biased. I did in fact grow up on the muddy banks of the Wishkah. Local boy is pretty big back home.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk


  3. #3
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    They actually are indie rock. Technically speaking. Indie rock is really just anything produced on an independent label. Grunge is just a sub-genre of indie.

    Rated 43 is a travesty. But I've seen similar travesties on VH1 top whatevers. And we've had some pretty great music come from Britain (Beatles, Elton John, Sex Pistols, just to name a few), so they must know something about it.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  4. #4
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Here, in fact, is a top 100 greatest indie rock albums done by Blender. And at 63 is the Nirvana album - Bleach.

    I'm also just posting this cos it has some truly great albums on it. Some of my favorite music is on here.

    http://www.prefixmag.com/news/blende...ms-ever/12155/

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  5. #5
    USMG Prestiged Member ladym123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    Posts
    3,911
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Yeah as Cruc says...Indie is the label.

    I never voted though...so no it doesn't mean a thing

    Funny though...I thought I was the only on called Lady round here?



  6. #6
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    I'm actually mistaken. Their first album Bleach was on an indie label, but Nevermind wasn't. So technically speaking, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" wouldn't be considered indie. So yeah. I'm with you now. Dumb.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  7. #7
    Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    CrzyChinook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    Posts
    3,713
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ladym123 View Post

    Funny though...I thought I was the only on called Lady round here?
    hey Lady...u got alot wannabes i guess!! LMAO!!


    "Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

  8. #8
    Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    CrzyChinook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    Posts
    3,713
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    I'm actually mistaken. Their first album Bleach was on an indie label, but Nevermind wasn't. So technically speaking, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" wouldn't be considered indie. So yeah. I'm with you now. Dumb.
    Yeah that what i was kinda getting at "Bleach" which was their first album was with Sub-Pop a indie label.. they were new up and coming....but Switched to DGC records which is a Major Label for "Nevermind".. hence they are no longer indie and shot Fwd to Main Stream Media as Alternative Rock..coming out of the Settle Grunge scene. well them and Pearl Jam! and some people might argue but became our generation's version of the Beetles!!
    YEAH BABY!!!
    Gen X ALL THE WAY!!!!


    "Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

  9. #9
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzyChinook View Post
    ... became our generation's version of the Beetles!!
    YEAH BABY!!!
    Gen X ALL THE WAY!!!!
    I can sort of agree in some way. I don't think they're quite the same level of genius (and that isn't a remark on the genius of Nirvana so much as on the Beetles). But they certainly were responsible for a new evolution of rock, much like the Beatles or the Sex Pistols or Fugazi.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    E City, NC
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    I can sort of agree in some way. I don't think they're quite the same level of genius (and that isn't a remark on the genius of Nirvana so much as on the Beetles). But they certainly were responsible for a new evolution of rock, much like the Beatles or the Sex Pistols or Fugazi.
    I must be too old to get it...I never found anything about Nirvana good. JMO so do get your panties in a bunch. I am an Iron Maiden type.

  11. #11
    USMG Member squidfamily1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    951
    Blog Entries
    3
    When I was in plymouth we would go into these kick ass centuries old pubs with the old guys at the bar drinking and they'd have techno music playing. Kind of a mixed message if you ask me. What can you expect from a country that gets so into soccer and gets excited by a couple welfare cases getting married next week?
    I think they've just had a national identity crisis since they lost the colonies



    Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

  12. #12
    Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    CrzyChinook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    Posts
    3,713
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by djwhy60 View Post
    I must be too old to get it...I never found anything about Nirvana good. JMO so do get your panties in a bunch. I am an Iron Maiden type.
    hey! 10 years my senior?? your never too old bro!
    No hating here !! i grew up with maiden, priest, Metallica, and rest..but im a EOL...(equal opportunity listener!) I listen to Everything from metal, rock, rap, country, christian...and on and on and on!! Music is Music...and i love it!!...don't believe me check out my Zune Account ...though it does piss of some of the guys at the office..constantly switching from toby keith to metallica to ludraicris to third day!!! LOL...

    hey this sounds like me can make a new thread....what are your FAV top 10 bands! sound good??


    "Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

  13. #13
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1 View Post
    When I was in plymouth we would go into these kick ass centuries old pubs with the old guys at the bar drinking and they'd have techno music playing. Kind of a mixed message if you ask me. What can you expect from a country that gets so into soccer and gets excited by a couple welfare cases getting married next week?
    I think they've just had a national identity crisis since they lost the colonies
    Hey. Don't diss soccer.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    E City, NC
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzyChinook View Post
    hey! 10 years my senior?? your never too old bro!
    No hating here !! i grew up with maiden, priest, Metallica, and rest..but im a EOL...(equal opportunity listener!) I listen to Everything from metal, rock, rap, country, christian...and on and on and on!! Music is Music...and i love it!!...don't believe me check out my Zune Account ...though it does piss of some of the guys at the office..constantly switching from toby keith to metallica to ludraicris to third day!!! LOL...

    hey this sounds like me can make a new thread....what are your FAV top 10 bands! sound good??
    Sounds like a great idea!

    I am an EOL too..but never really got into the grunge stuff...too much whining and complaining for me! LOL My favorate stuff to listen to is Rage Against the Machine...really makes my truck faster!

  15. #15
    USMG Member squidfamily1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    951
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    Hey. Don't diss soccer.
    Why? Does your daughter or wife play?



    Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

  16. #16
    USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    Crusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rancho Mirage, CA
    Posts
    879
    First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1 View Post
    Why? Does your daughter or wife play?
    Ha. ha. Soccer is the shit. Don't hate just cos YOU don't have the skills to play it.

    "I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

  17. #17
    USMG Prestiged Member ladym123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    Posts
    3,911
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    @ Squid...forever a dick

    @ dj...yes RATM!! Awesome



Similar Threads

  1. LADY!!! Please answer this for me....
    By CrzyChinook in forum Scuttlebutt
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 18:58
  2. Lady, calling Lady.
    By jack in forum Scuttlebutt
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 07:19

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •