Thread: Ruger SR1911

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries

Ruger SR1911

I think I found my next pistol! I was thinking of shooting single stack division for awhile anyway. Now I just need to sell one of my colts.....

SR1911.jpg
    http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide400 View Post
    I think I found my next pistol! I was thinking of shooting single stack division for awhile anyway. Now I just need to sell one of my colts.....

SR1911.jpg
    http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html
    Looks good, heard about this one for a while. I was wondering how it would turn out... and I must say I'm pretty impressed.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    The only thing I don't like is that it does not have the ambi thumb safety. That would have been a great addition, but I can add an aftermarket one. I am on the fence between this and a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded. The SA is more money, but I can get the ambi safety and bo-mar sights. What to do, what to do....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide400 View Post
    The only thing I don't like is that it does not have the ambi thumb safety. That would have been a great addition, but I can add an aftermarket one. I am on the fence between this and a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded. The SA is more money, but I can get the ambi safety and bo-mar sights. What to do, what to do....
    Go with the springfield custom if you have the cash, more bang for your buck.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    That is one sweet looking pistol. Wish I had the money to get one like that.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    I'm REALLY looking hard at getting one of these. The 1911 was the first pistol I was trained on when working as an armorer, so it's got a special place in my heart. I found this video that shows the manufacture process and goes into great detail about how this version stacks up against other models, including the Colt 1911.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    I would love to get my hands on one of these to see how it compares. None of our dealers around here have any yet. I did get my hands on the new remington 1911, worst trigger ever! It was a major disappointment. I am hoping the Ruger stands up to the name. I have a couple of their centerfire rifles, that I love.