US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Resident Evil 6

USMG [Retired Staff] Member

Resident Evil 6

Resident-Evil-6-to-be-totally-different.jpg

Not much is known about ‘Resident Evil 6′ but Capcom says the game will get a comprehensive makeover as compared to ‘Resident Evil 5.’

before gamers get excited or upset by this news, it should be noted Kawata also said they cannot totally forget about all the previous entries that created so many of the possibilities for the Resident Evil series. He also would not say whether Resident Evil 6 would be a shooter or survival-horror game, just that it would be totally different.

perhaps Resident Evil 6 will bring something entirely new and different from all of the franchise games before it. With the action-oriented Operation Raccoon City coming out, it would be surprising if RE6 didn’t offer something for the fans of the survival-horror styled RE4 which is the best reviewed game of the series.

http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-6-...t-spice-80339/

Last edited by MaximusR3; 04-28-2011 at 13:29.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Here's the video from the link that DaddyDietrich posted. This is the official cinematic reveal.

There's additional info at G4's site, though not much more than what you'll find the in the Joystiq link. Nonetheless, it looks like it's time to call Ironhide and get the USMG Zombie Killers ready to deploy!

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    this update is just about on every gaming site i have found today. crazy stuff.

First Name
    Brian
    Excited, but more excited about RE: ORC. Don't know why but it looks like more fun, and I thought 5 sucked.

First Name
    Andrew
    I love me some resident evil its too bad have to wait til 20nov12 for it

The release of Resident Evil: Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS, coupled with the high-profile announcement of Resident Evil 6 (not to mention a new movie trailer for Resident Evil: Retribution), has helped put Capcom‘s survival horror franchise in the spotlight once again.

However, as fans test-out the latest Resident Evil handheld adventure (or pick up a soon-to-be collector’s copy -- due to an unsightly typo on the box) and look toward the next console installment, it’s easy to forget that there’s another entire Resident Evil title due out in just a few short months -- the action shooter game, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-op...y-benk-127928/

This looks like a loser to me.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by River_Rat_459 View Post
    There's additional info at G4's site, though not much more than what you'll find the in the Joystiq link. Nonetheless, it looks like it's time to call Ironhide and get the USMG Zombie Killers ready to deploy!
    Oh yeah....we will be ready! I also update my signature...lol!

It’s about time that Capcom reminded everyone that they are a force to be reckoned with outside of the fighting game genre. With the company’s upcoming fantasy RPG Dragon’s Dogma finally given a release date of May 2012, they’ve also included a sweet deal for those who purchase a copy. Owners won’t just be receiving one of the developer’s largest projects to date with Dragon’s Dogma, but a download code for a playable demo of Resident Evil 6 arriving in July.
    http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-6-...e-dyce-128225/

Only a few short days after we enjoyed a ten minute sneak peek of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Capcom is unveiling even more footage from their upcoming third-person action-shooter title -- this time teasing an encounter with fan-favorite Resident Evil franchise villain, Nemesis.
    http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-op...s-benk-128360/

When it was announced that a Resident Evil 6 demo would be packaged alongside retail copies of Capcom’s action RPG Dragon’s Dogma, it seemed like a perfect bit of cross promotion. Much like the Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect 3 tie-ins, this Resident Evil 6 connection should help boost interest in a title that Capcom thinks is worth a look.

However, what they hadn’t revealed until now was that Resident Evil 6 demo is also a timed exclusive – launching first on the Xbox 360 and then later on the PS3. When Capcom said they wanted to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd with RE 6, I don’t think this is what they meant.
    http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-6-...ed-tao-128671/

For many years, the Resident Evil series has been synonymous with the survival horror genre. Placing players in horrible odds against nightmare creatures or aberrations with minimal supplies – and expecting them to escape. It really gets the adrenaline going. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will see the first official departure from survival horror (though some fans might argue the last two installments were more action-focused as well) into the realm of action for Resident Evil, and it wasn’t easy
    http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-op...-trung-128973/

During this particularly zombie-filled year, gamers are hard pressed not to see any news about Resident Evil since Capcom is throwing three, count ‘em, three titles into the ring. Among the franchise releases to shamble this way, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is the one creating the most waves as it is the one that is diverging the most from the series’ survival horror roots. Despite taking place during one of the most popular events in the series’ history, fans are still trying to figure out if they’re on board with the dramatic changes.
    http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-op...w-curt-129210/

First Name
    Finch
    Branch
    Army
    This new info is on the G4 website. *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Additional RE6 Details Emerge
    By Adam Rosenberg
    2/15/2012 05:31 AM PT

Brace yourselves, Resident Evil fans. Today, Capcom unleashes a ton of new information about Resident Evil 6, which is coming on November 20. Character details, enemy details, control tweaks... you name it. Not one but TWO uses of the word 'whilst' in the new fact sheet. No, that has nothing to do with the game. But hey, it stands out, right?

You already knew from the initial announcement that the game will follow Leon Kennedy on one side of the world, gunning down a zombified U.S. president following a bioterrorist attack, and Chris Redfield on the other side of the world, in China, as he faces a similar threat there (zombies, not zombified U.S. presidents... though that would be cool).

A new fact sheet from Capcom reveals that Chris will be taking on the deadhead hordes in the fictional Chinese coastal town of Lanshiang, in the year 2013. So close! We're also introduced to Helena Harper, who you saw blaming herself for what happened to the president in the trailer. She's a government agent just like Leon, only she was on her way to becoming a Secret Service agent... until the prez went all brain-eater, that is.

Meanwhile, Chris Redfield is the leader of the BSAA. Roughly six months before the events of the upcoming game he went through some kind of 'personal trauma,' with China being his first time back out in the field since then. I wonder what that will mean for his mental disposition when the fit hits the shan. Still no additional details on the trailer's unnamed third protagonist, beyond the fact that he's a merc operating in Eastern Europe, where B.O.W.s are apparently a common sight.

The fact sheet goes on to confirm what the trailer had previously hinted at: zombies in RE6 will run, jump and use weapons. You'll also have to watch out for J'avo, B.O.W.s that first popped up in Eastern Europe. They're notable for their ability to understand speech, work in groups and use weapons, sort of like Velocirapters. They also regenerate when damage is taken and they'll flat-out mutate into a new form if MAJOR damage is taken.

The fact sheet ends with a tiny bit of talk about the redesigned control scheme. The major bullet point here? You can shoot and move at the same time. You'll also be able to roll in any direction, take cover and make use of an 'enhanced melee attack.' Yay details!

Most of what we know about Resident Evil 6 thus far has come by way of part and parsing the rapid-fire scenes featured in the game’s first trailer. Though details like who will be starring in the game have been revealed, most of the key elements to Resident Evil 6 remain a mystery.
    http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-6-...ts-tao-133335/

First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    Anyone picking this up tomorrow?

Mr. Asian Persuasion
    First Name
    Rob
    Branch
    Army
    I still have yet to play the 5th one lol
    "He who Wields the gun, Mercy"

First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    Damn nobody. What kind of gamers are you? Lol

First Name
    Jared
    Branch
    Airforce
    Blog Entries
    I will get it once I get my travel voucher money back. Lol gaming funding is low.

I run BUCKWILD & NAKED!!!
    First Name
    Oliver
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    I got this on Xbox, anyone else got it? Looking for someone to do Coop with...

- sent from The Jerry Springer Show where I just found out Jared's Mom loves me and has disowned him...YAY!!!
    "He rode forth to take Peace from the Earth, and made Men to kill one another..."

"GET UP IN THERE REDLEG!!!" - MSG Baldemar Gonzales (04MAR71 - 25SEP10)

First Name
    Jared
    Branch
    Airforce
    Blog Entries
    How is it G? I heard the reviews weren't that good.

I run BUCKWILD & NAKED!!!
    First Name
    Oliver
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaNtSt0PMeH View Post
    How is it G? I heard the reviews weren't that good.
    So far, the game is pretty awesome in my opinion...

- sent from The Jerry Springer Show where I just found out Jared's Mom loves me and has disowned him...YAY!!!
    "He rode forth to take Peace from the Earth, and made Men to kill one another..."

"GET UP IN THERE REDLEG!!!" - MSG Baldemar Gonzales (04MAR71 - 25SEP10)

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    I moved this out of the "PC" category and into the "General Chatter" category.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.