US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guild Wars 2

USMG [Retired Staff] Member

Guild Wars 2

Itís been a while, but ArenaNet has just finished off another week focusing on one of the five playable races of Guild Wars 2. This time around, it was the charr, the feline antagonists of Guild Wars: Prophecies. Both Human Week and Norn Week gave us an extremely detailed look at both the in-game lore and the intricate creation process behind the respective races. Charr Week is no different, offering new screenshots, story elements, and of course a new trailer for the charr homeland.

The charr are a warmongering race, and have both gained and lost much as a result of this defining feature. The Ash, Blood, and Iron Legions of the charr managed to overtake both Ascalon and Orr. Despite their propensity towards victory, the rise of the Flame Legion led to the worshiping of false gods, and the subsequent subordination of charr females. The charr females eventually rose up against the oppressors along with other dissatisfied groups, and the Iron Legion took back control.

They now reside in the grand kingdom of the Black Citadel, where the Iron Legion remains in charge. Because of the overwhelming threat of the Elder Dragons, humans are now allowed to enter the city, for no race is safe against the threat of the flying menaces.
    Even the killjoy attitude of the charr is dampened by the truth that no single race can stand alone against Kralkatorrik, or any of the other Elder Dragons for that matter.
    Take a look at the drama of the charr for yourself in the newest Guild Wars 2 trailer:
    http://gamerant.com/guild-wars-2-cha...er-sieg-80851/
    Last edited by MaximusR3; 04-28-2011 at 12:32.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    I played the original Guild Wars and Liked it. I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to GW2.

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

USMG [Retired Staff] Member

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson