US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce

Best plan against the Westboro Baptist Church.

Every state needs a plan like this against the WBC.

---------------------------------------------------------

Mississippi Town Destroys Westboro Baptist Plans
    April 21, 2011

The Westboro Baptist Church once again makes the headlines. This time however, the good news is that they were foiled in their attempts to disrupt another serviceman’s funeral. Mississippi gives the Westboro the kind of welcome that we would all like to give.

Since we have reported on the Westboro Baptist Church a few times here, it is fitting that we update you on the latest.

Last Saturday, USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers was laid to rest in Brandon, Mississippi. He was killed in action in Afghanistan on April 7th. Many of the town’s residents paid homage along the route of the fallen hero as his body was transported home.

Most notably absent were the Westboro protestors who planned a large demonstration at Sgt. Rogers’ funeral. According to an Ole Miss message board, a tidbit of info………..

“A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.”

It might be legal for the protestors to be there, but it isn’t right. Thankfully, the citizens of Brandon agreed and arranged for these slight incidents to keep the unwanted pests away. The Westboro mob never made it to the funeral and Sgt. Rogers was laid to rest without incident.

Fred Phelps, who is the leader of Westboro mob, is a disbarred lawyer and Democrat activist. Other members of his family hold law degrees. They use our court system often and have sued and won countless times all with financial gain to themselves, helping to fund their sickening activities. Undoubtedly, Phelps will plan a lawsuit against someone in Mississippi because his grand plans were thwarted. Mississippi folks says let him. There isn’t a jury in the whole state that will see things his way.

While I understand the Supreme Court ruling allowing Phelps and his gang to demonstrate, I sure appreciate the fact that citizens take it upon themselves to do the right thing. If it takes the community to gather around the bereaved to keep these thugs away, then so be it. I hope every town learns from the example set by people of Brandon, Mississippi.

LINK: http://www.retirelikeme.com/2011/04/...baptist-plans/
    Last edited by indyred99; 04-25-2011 at 13:54.

First Name
    Jeremy
    You know. I'm all for boycotting them, I'm all for counter protesting, I'm all for making sure that no company would financially endorse them (though I seriously doubt any would). But using thuggish tactics to prevent them from exercising their rights makes their opponents just as despicable as them.

"I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    I'm glad they did that. Screw that so called church.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

First Name
    Matt
    Branch
    Airforce
    I commend the people of Brandon Mississippi. That so called "church" gives a bad names to Christians.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE THANK A VET TODAY!

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious2 View Post
    You know. I'm all for boycotting them, I'm all for counter protesting, I'm all for making sure that no company would financially endorse them (though I seriously doubt any would). But using thuggish tactics to prevent them from exercising their rights makes their opponents just as despicable as them.
    Aside from the first instance of the member getting in a fight, how are these "thuggish?"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    Aside from the first instance of the member getting in a fight, how are these "thuggish?"

Parking illegally to prevent people from being able to pull out in their own cars? Using police to question them under obviously false pretenses? It's all illegal methods, harassment and not-so-subtle intimidation.

I'm sorry but everyone is talking about what WBC is doing is wrong, but then stooping down to their level.

I don't like what they're doing either. But I also don't like the idea that it is acceptable to infringe on their Constitutional rights.

"I've never had a conversation with a dead guy before. Forgive me if I don't know the rules."

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Parking illegally to prevent people from being able to pull out in their own cars? Using police to question them under obviously false pretenses? It's all illegal methods, harassment and not-so-subtle intimidation.

I'm sorry but everyone is talking about what WBC is doing is wrong, but then stooping down to their level.

I don't like what they're doing either. But I also don't like the idea that it is acceptable to infringe on their Constitutional rights.
    Should people also not have the right to not listen to a message that in and of itself violates the same constitution that is being used to justify it? Should they not have the right to mourn in peace?

The first amendment is no more special than any others. You can lose your constitutional rights.

First Name
    Jeremy
    Should people also not have the right to not listen to a message that in and of itself violates the same constitution that is being used to justify it? Should they not have the right to mourn in peace?
    Unfortunately part of the price of freedom is tolerating the offensive behavior of others. If you don't want to hear hate speech, don't listen. That's life. Dealing with douchebags. The best thing you can do is tune them out; giving them attention only makes them stronger.

It would be easy for me to argue for WBC to be silenced. But it doesn't mean that it would be right.

The first amendment is no more special than any others.
    The first amendment is the only one that applies here. I don't see anything in this case that involves the infringement of another right enumerated by the Constitution. And WBC actually has a legitimate case to say that their Constitutional rights were violated, since the police were a part of this "master plan."

You can lose your constitutional rights.
    As per the 14th Amendment:

...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Damn Crusty I didn't know you support these fools...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

First Name
    Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgUSMC View Post
    Damn Crusty I didn't know you support these fools...
    I support their Constitutional rights. Personally I think they are a bunch of douchebags and nothing would please me more than to see natural selection wipe them out.

But as Aristotle said, "the law is free from passion"

And if I want to enjoy the rights I have I have to be willing to tolerate morons when they exercise theirs.

I wish they would come around my area. I would get a group together and beat their asses. I dont give a rats ass about their Constitutional rights. I would GLADLY sit in jail for my actions. The bottom line is... They know what they are doing is wrong. They just do it to make a name for themselves.

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Freedom of speech is one thing. Hiding behind the First Amendment so you can hurt and insult those in morning of a lost loved one from the military (or anywhere or anyone) is cowardly and indecent.

They may have the right to freedom of speech, but the people they hurt have the right to mourn, remember and respect in peace and dignity.

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Quote Originally Posted by A-25TH-ID-VET View Post
    I wish they would come around my area. I would get a group together and beat their asses. I dont give a rats ass about their Constitutional rights. I would GLADLY sit in jail for my actions. The bottom line is... They know what they are doing is wrong. They just do it to make a name for themselves.
    The thing with beatings like that though is they will turn it around and use it as ammo for their own cause. Not to mention the lawsuits they'll try for.

Now, three AC-130U Spookys on the other hand... that sends a message they won't soon forget. Assuming they survive. Not that I condone violence like that * insert evil grin here with maniacal laughter*
    Attached Images Attached Images

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    You don't have to tolerate them. Freedom doesn't mean that.
    Just because they have the freedom of speech, doesn't give them the right to infringe on my rights under the constitution.
    Specifically, the 9th amendment states, no person shall use the constitution as grounds to infringe on another citizens rights.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

be willing to tolerate morons when they exercise theirs.

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    The thing with beatings like that though is they will turn it around and use it as ammo for their own cause. Not to mention the lawsuits they'll try for.

Now, three AC-130U Spookys on the other hand... that sends a message they won't soon forget. Assuming they survive. Not that I condone violence like that * insert evil grin here with maniacal laughter*
    They can sue me ALL they want...they wont get anything.

Blog Entries
    I'm not going to pretend to be a lawyer but I do know you're innocent until proven guilty. They were in Mississippi right, rednecks park their trucks anywhere. As far as questioning the out of towners who just happened to be protestors, if you're in a small town and nobody recognizes you then you may seem suspicious to them when/if a crime is committed locally. I think we're assuming guilt of these fine southerners based on conjecture. The south is known for it's hospitality and I find it difficult to believe that they would intentionally treat out of towners in this manner.

Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A-25TH-ID-VET View Post
    hmm this course of action doesn't sound to popular but i second this !!!

i just wish they stop calling themselves "Baptist" and "Church"
    ...more like Westboro Batshit Crazies!!

giving all the rest of us down to earth baptists a bad name! Sheessh

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Better than my method. I would have had a bunch of half naked man thong wearing, male strippers and fat dudes oil up and do things to them. that would give them nightmares whenever they see a funeral or whipped cream. you talk about psychological trauma... imagine a 450lb fat dude named peaches dancing on you, the same way a 110lb stripper dances on a pole. while wearing nothing but oil and a dental floss man thong.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Better than my method. I would have had a bunch of half naked man thong wearing, male strippers and fat dudes oil up and do things to them. that would give them nightmares whenever they see a funeral or whipped cream. you talk about psychological trauma... imagine a 450lb fat dude named peaches dancing on you, the same way a 110lb stripper dances on a pole. while wearing nothing but oil and a dental floss man thong.

Thanks Jack, now I'm going to have nightmares.

That's what I'm here for lol.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    Canola, Peanut or Vegetable?

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    KY

Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    coco nut of course.