Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

USMG [Retired Staff] Member

Skyrim

first actual gameplay video

also check the link for several screenshots
    http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-sk...ge-robk-81223/
    Last edited by MaximusR3; 06-05-2011 at 05:46. Reason: added substance

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

Looks interesting to me.

Skyrim‘s executive producer has revealed that the team is already thinking of ways to bring PC-built mods to home consoles.

PC gamers have demonstrated what kind of inspired content can be generated by the fans themselves, and Bethesda seems tired of leaving console gamers out of the action.
    “It works on all the consoles. As far as the 360 and PS3, right now there’s not an avenue for us to make that available, but we’d very much like to find a way. We have talked to Microsoft and Sony, and so there’s a chance it might happen one day, [but] I don’t see it happening for release.

“We’d like to see it happen, because it works, it’s how we made the game. I think it’s something really cool about what we do, but 90 per cent of our audience is on the consoles, so 90 per cent of our audience can’t even see this thing. So if we can solve that we’d like to.”
    http://gamerant.com/skyrim-developer...yce-80782/#top
    Last edited by MaximusR3; 06-05-2011 at 05:54. Reason: added substance

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

if fighting dragons is your cup of tea, the latest game details from Skyrim‘s director Todd Howard should make your day. While other games may only give players a handful of dragons to slay, Skyrim will be offering a completely limitless population of the winged creatures to show who’s boss.
    While director Todd Howard has been somewhat cagey in the past when asked outright how many dragons would be populating the landscapes of Skyrim, this time he put the questions to rest:

“No, there is an unlimited number of dragons. One of our designers actually put in a random event I encountered, where I ended up being chased by three dragons and I thought “who the hell did this?” I felt like Frodo in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and was really frightened. So I asked him to remove it. But no, dragons are generated automatically (in addition to that there are a number of specific encounters, of course).”
    Howard wasn’t ready to let all the mysteries surrounding dragons die, still keeping quiet on the possibility of dragon mounts being available in Skyrim:
    “Have we considered it? Yes. Do we allow it right now? No. But we can decide to support it at some point.”
    http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-5-...ns-dyce-85175/
    Last edited by MaximusR3; 06-05-2011 at 05:59. Reason: added substance

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Nice pic update from Pete Hines on Twitpic.

"Skyrim all done on the Figueroa. Can't wait to see in person."

http://twitpic.com/55lhqh

Skyrim can't come soon enough IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, I really want to play this one. I've been wanting a decent RPG for awhile now....hope this fits the bill.

Branch
    Army
    Ive been playing the elder scrolls games since Morrowind which I gotta say is my favorite game of all time and it was my first consel game on the Xbox, Big expectations for it, beem watching this Games of Thrones on HBO to get ready for skyrim.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

"Your Friendly Nieghborhood Concealed Carrying DJ and Producer."

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce

This is looking like a buy for me.

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Interview with Todd Howard and more gameplay of Skyrim. Courtesy of Gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...scrolls/714851

Buying this game when it drops... no question.

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Buying this game when it drops... no question.
    Depends on when it drops for me. TOR might hurt it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    A good time to buy Oblivion and get some money off Skyrim as well. Straight from the Bethesda Blog.

Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition coming to North America on July 12th!
    June 7th, 2011

Hot of the press! This afternoon we’ve officially announced The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition — coming to North America (more details on Europe soon) on Tuesday, July 12. Read the full release below:

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition Available July 12th!

We are pleased to announce that The Elder Scrolls IV™: Oblivion® 5th Anniversary Edition will available in North America on Tuesday, July 12, 2011.

The anniversary edition, which has a suggested retail price of $29.99, is the complete collection of the original award-winning game as well as the Knights of the Nine® and Shivering Isles® expansions. With countless ‘Game of the Year’ awards and overwhelming critical praise, Oblivion still remains a defining game in the role-playing genre. Celebrate one of the most expansive next-generation titles ever to be released on the Xbox®360, PlayStation®3, and PC platforms with this definitive, limited-edition compilation.

The Elder Scrolls IV™: Oblivion® 5th Anniversary Edition includes:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: With the empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. You must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.

Knights of the Nine: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released.

Shivering Isles: Enter the torn realm of Sheogorath – a world where Mania and Dementia reign. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, to tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?

The North American 5th Anniversary Edition also includes:

Collector’s Steelbook: A beautiful collectible metal case masterfully embossed with Daedric symbols.

Making of Oblivion: A behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.

Oblivion Game Map: A full-color map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles.

Save on Skyrim: Contains a $10 mail-in rebate offer for the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide.
    Details on the versions that will be available in the rest of the world and their contents will be released soon.
    Link: http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/0...-on-july-12th/

Looks like it will be available in limited quantities, but here's a look at what we'll get. Down side, it looks like the map is paper. It went down a notch imo.
    Last edited by GriffinSentinel; 06-07-2011 at 20:54.

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Pics from outside the Skyrim theater. I think we might be looking at an Elder Scroll here.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (96.1 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (84.2 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (64.2 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (77.8 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (69.7 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (34.6 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (44.3 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (46.4 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (41.0 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (52.4 KB, 7 views)

While some developers have been jumping upon the Wii U bandwagon after considering the gameplay possibilities available with the platform’s new controller, developer Bethesda Softworks is more concerned with the processing power, and as such, is still on the fence about supporting the console.

Known for creating titles that push PCs and home consoles to their max (and occasionally suffer because of it), Bethesda wants to ensure that the Wii U is strong enough to at least rival the current generation power of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://gamerant.com/bethesda-conside...i-u-tao-94152/

Bethesda’s upcoming The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the most highly-anticipated titles of the upcoming holiday season. Despite the likelihood that Modern Warfare 3 will once again break industry sales records and invade countless homes across the country, it may actually be Skyrim that has the most energized and excited following – leading in to the title’s November 11 release.

Bethesda has periodically chummed the waters with fan-pleasing promises such as an “unlimited” number of dragons as well as tantalizing pre-order bonuses. Now, the developer is looking beyond the game’s actual release – and promising to serve-up robust, crowd-pleasing, DLC content that, while less frequent, will be more substantial

http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-v-...ns-benk-93949/

Anyone who has been paying attention to the details surrounding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim knows that when a game is as massive in size and scope as Bethesda’s next title, there is just too much information to truly grasp before playing it for yourself. Even so, a few questions have continued to nag at the minds of many fans, and thanks to a recent interview released by Bethesda we have a few more concrete details about the various mechanics and design choices the team has in store with Skyrim.

http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-5-...ls-dyce-94594/

When it comes to console gaming and most especially, within the RPG genre, long-time gamers often dread hearing the words “more accessible” and “wider audience.” What that typically means, is that a publisher comes down on a developer to force the oversimplification of certain games, games whose predecessors offered more depth. We saw this with BioWare recently on their two big franchises: Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2.

Needless to say, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim introducing such a large array of changes to the HUD, leveling mechanic and other gameplay features – and knowing Oblivion removed some cool stuff from Morrowind before it – some long time Elder Scrolls fans are a tad concerned. But need not worry, fellow mages, rogues and warriors! For Skyrim will not do such a thing.

http://gamerant.com/skyrim-rpg-acces...rd-robk-94974/

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    The only thing that will upset me with Skyrim is if I don't get my cloth map when i pick it up.

First Name
    Andrew
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Already pre ordered... bout 2 months ago.

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    These people really love their Skyrim. And apparently Atari.

Skyrim Presentation Sends Woman Into Labor, So She Stuck Around Until it Was Over

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    They really named their daughter Atari, huh? Unusual but not the weirdest name ever for a child. I'll bet that later on in life the boys will want to play her though.

How much you want to bet their copy if Skyrim will be sent to them by Bethesda as congratulations.

Edit: An addition on the story here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...sentation.aspx

Gameinformer.com

The father-to-be has contacted Game Informer with more QuakeCon-related details of how he and his fiancée ended up in a Skyrim demo while she went into labor.

The lovestruck gamers got engaged last year at QuakeCon 2010, after Chaz proposed to Stevi onstage at the very end of the show. She said yes, and the two planned on getting married at this year's QuakeCon, which is going on right now. Stevi went into labor during the half hour long Skyrim demo, so obviously those plans were canned.

"During the demo Todd Howard showed off the Frost Dragon. This is what started the whole thing, seeing this must have filled Stevi with so much excitement that it sent her into labor," explains Chaz.

You might be asking yourself why the couple didn't bolt for the hospital at the first sign of labor, but Chaz says they initially thought it could have been false labor. So they waited it out to see if the contractions continued, which they did. Chaz says they "...stayed for the rest of the demo because she is a trooper and LOVES Skyrim."

Original Story:Will the first of the Dragonborn be crawling among us soon? Will we soon hear tiny dragon shouts squealing from a hospital delivery room? It's possible, because a pair of engaged diehard gamers sat through the entirety of a QuakeCon 2011 presentation for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as the pregnant woman went into labor.

Game Informer's Andrew Reiner was approached by the couple while waiting to take part in the Games That Inspired Us panel at QuakeCon 2011. He reports that the two are self-proclaimed Game Informer fans, and wanted to let him know they weren't going to miss that demo for anything.

Did the soothing cadence of Todd Howard's voice coax the new life into entering the world? Maybe the fantastical action and grand expanses of Skyrim excited the mother-to-be so much that it created a physiological chain reaction. Or perhaps the crowd's roaring energy and enthusiasm convinced this youngster that it needed to be born before November 11, 2011.

Whatever the case, we at Game Informer tip our hats to Chaz and Stevi's dedication. Not even impending birth could keep the couple from missing out on an exclusive glimpse into the world of Tamriel. The duo (soon to be trio) is currently en route to a hospital, and we wish them the best of luck in delivering their little girl, Atari Lynn. Yep. Atari. We couldn't make this stuff up.

Bethesda, if you're reading: We don't think a complimentary copy of the Skyrim Collector's Edition would be out of line.
    I'm thinking they will get it as a gift.
    Last edited by GriffinSentinel; 08-06-2011 at 19:25.

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Wow another skyrimming thread? Popular activity over there then!

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Quote Originally Posted by ladym123 View Post
    Wow another skyrimming thread? Popular activity over there then!
    Don't knock it till you've tried it. Then send pics.

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Don't knock it till you've tried it. Then send pics.
    Rofl!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast