US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries

New tv discussion.....with caveat.

So to branch off of the previous topic, my tv just kicked it. Well, it still works, but it's got terrible screen damage. The bonus, though, is it's still under warrenty. Which leaves me with a situation.

I've still got to doublecheck all this, but I believe Westinghouse, the brand of my tv, no longer actually makes tv's....which leaves me with store credit at Best Buy. Which would give me around 1500 total (store credit plus another 500 of my own) to put towards a new tv. I wanted to go Vizio, but BB doesn't sell them.

So I'm eyeballing an LG 3d tv, that's just over 1500, but includes 4 pairs of glasses for free as part of a promo. Anybody have good things to say about LG, or should I look elsewhere? Also,

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Here's the tv I'm passively eyeballing.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...dView#review-6

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    walley world(walmart) has Vizo's...or just go on line and order the one you want!! i love my Vizo's...

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    I like samsungs they have them at best buy, the LG seems like a good deal though

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzyChinook View Post
    walley world(walmart) has Vizo's...or just go on line and order the one you want!! i love my Vizo's...
    Best Buy warrenty. I doubt they'll just hand me cash.

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    Best Buy warrenty. I doubt they'll just hand me cash.

ahh i c well id have to agree with mardi ..ive heard alot of good reviews about samsungs also..never owned one though..

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    I have a 47" 240MHz LG TV, and absolutely love it. We've have it for almost 2 years, and I have to say, its probably one of the best sets I've ever had.

So to branch off of the previous topic, my tv just kicked it. Well, it still works, but it's got terrible screen damage. The bonus, though, is it's still under warrenty. Which leaves me with a situation.

I've still got to doublecheck all this, but I believe Westinghouse, the brand of my tv, no longer actually makes tv's....which leaves me with store credit at Best Buy. Which would give me around 1500 total (store credit plus another 500 of my own) to put towards a new tv. I wanted to go Vizio, but BB doesn't sell them.

So I'm eyeballing an LG 3d tv, that's just over 1500, but includes 4 pairs of glasses for free as part of a promo. Anybody have good things to say about LG, or should I look elsewhere? Also,

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    I will say I have some buddies with an LG and they look like a great TVs. I would definitely not hesitate to get an LG, Vizio, or samsung. They seem to make quality TV's from what I have seen.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    My dad has a Samsung, and it's great. If I had to do it over again, I'd definitely consider getting one.

Personally, I had a Sony Bravia and thought nothing could touch it in terms of performance and quality. That was until my daughter indirectly touched it with a PS3 controller playing High Velocity Bowling. I went and bought a Vizio after that, and now I wonder why I didn't consider one in the first place. It's much better quality than I expected.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Okay, so I ended up not quite getting as much towards the tv as I thought. Apparently Best Buy doesn't credit you what you spent, they credit you what an equivalent tv sells for.

Because of this, I ended up going with a Samsung. I got a 46", with the "smart tv" internet apps bit. I need to do some tweaking to it, which means I need to start researching how to optimize the picture, but it's already a night and day difference from the old one.

It was also $100+ cheaper than the exact same Vizio or LG.

First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    Okay, so I ended up not quite getting as much towards the tv as I thought. Apparently Best Buy doesn't credit you what you spent, they credit you what an equivalent tv sells for.

Because of this, I ended up going with a Samsung. I got a 46", with the "smart tv" internet apps bit. I need to do some tweaking to it, which means I need to start researching how to optimize the picture, but it's already a night and day difference from the old one.

It was also $100+ cheaper than the exact same Vizio or LG.

Nice purchase samsungs are great I have 3, the oldest is about 5 years old. 32 inch LCD I paid 1400 for a long time ago and still going strong, damn they were so expensive back then.