US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries

Secret Stealth Helped U.S. Accomplish bin Laden Raid

Stealthy helicopters and the still secret RQ-170 Sentinel, a stealthy unmanned or optionally piloted, tailless flying wing, may have played pivotal roles in the raid on Osama Bin Ladenís compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan on May 1. U.S. officials twice declined to confirm for the record the type of helicopter that carried U.S. Navy Seals to the compound.

Photographs of the tail wreckage of one helicopter, which was destroyed by the Seals following its crash into the compound, show significant differences from U.S. Army Sikorsky MH-60K Black Hawk helicopters that are used to insert special forces. These include a disc covering a five- or six-blade tail rotor; modified tailboom and tailplane and a silver paint finish.

Pakistan was not alerted to the raid, and may not have detected the airborne approach of the night-raiding team. On-the-record accounts of the raid have contained contradictions, including whether mechanical failure caused the crash.

From off-the-record briefings quoted by The Washington Post and Time magazine, it seems that the raiding party flew to and from Abbottabad via Bagram airbase in Afghanistan in two helicopters, described as Black Hawks in these accounts. The helicopters might have originated from the USS Carl Vinson operating in the North Arabian Sea, to where Bin Ladenís body was removed for analysis and subsequent burial at sea.

One or more Boeing Chinook helicopters, presumably MH-47Gs, also flew into Pakistan with back-up forces, and one of these recovered from the compound those special forces members whose helicopter was destroyed. The RQ-170 might have provided communications and imagery relay during the raid.

It might also have previously flown into Pakistan airspace undetected, to provide video imagery of the compound, which could supplement surveillance from reconnaissance satellites and covert ground observations. The RQ-170 has been seen periodically at Kandahar airbase since 2008.

All i have to say is.....SWEET!!!!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

First Name
    Doug
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound

Here you go some photos of this craft and photos from the aftermath of the firefight.

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    I love this part of the article..
    (Reuters) - Osama bin Laden and his comrades offered no resistance when killed by U.S. special forces in a Pakistani town, Pakistani security officials said on Thursday.
    U.S. accounts of what happened have changed throughout the week, and initial characterizations of a 40-minute gun battle have given way to officials being quoted as saying only one of the five people who were killed had been armed.
    The White House has cited the "fog of war" as a reason for initial misinformation on whether bin Laden -- who was shot in the head -- was armed when U.S. Navy SEALs raided his compound in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad early on Monday.
    Two senior Pakistani security officials, citing their investigation, said there was no firefight because the inhabitants never fired back.
    "The people inside the house were unarmed. There was no resistance," one of the officials said.
    "It was cold-blooded," said the second official when asked if there was any exchange of fire during the operation which, U.S. officials said lasted nearly 40 minutes.
    The officials declined to say how they got their information, but officials had earlier said wounded had been detained.
    Photographs acquired by Reuters and taken about an hour after the assault show three dead men -- not including bin Laden -- lying in pools of blood. No weapons could be seen in the closely cropped images.
    The photos, taken by a Pakistani security official who was in the compound after the raid, show two men dressed in traditional Pakistani garb and one in a T-shirt, blood streaming from their ears, noses and mouths.
    And this is the perfect comment..
    The last I checked, none of the 3,000 people in the World Trade Center were armed either.

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toby2533 View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound

Here you go some photos of this craft and photos from the aftermath of the firefight.
    yeah i saw them they just look a very modded MH-60...never seen a tail rotor like that and a rear stab sweep fwd like that but im sure well get to see them now..just like when we denied the stealth fighter and then it came out....

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    I had to highlight a few things for extra emphasis:

Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    The officials declined to say how they got their information, but officials had earlier said wounded had been detained.
    Photographs acquired by Reuters and taken about an hour after the assault show three dead men -- not including bin Laden -- lying in pools of blood. No weapons could be seen in the closely cropped images.
    The photos, taken by a Pakistani security official who was in the compound after the raid, show two men dressed in traditional Pakistani garb and one in a T-shirt, blood streaming from their ears, noses and mouths.

And this is the perfect comment..
    The last I checked, none of the 3,000 people in the World Trade Center were armed either.

And I doubt those 3,000 went out looking to eradicate innocent people on that day.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.