US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries

A Considered response to the death of Osama bin Laden.

ok let me start off by saying i go to church when im home and i married a PK...but im not a bible thumper.. but i read this and was wow..i have lost a lot of good friends and i blame Osama for each and every one... so what our navy seals did i whole hardly support!! but please read...
    this by Nigel James on May 05, 2011 :
    Like most people, I have been intrigued by the media coverage regarding the discovery and killing of Osama bin Laden. Iíve also been intrigued by the varying responses that folk have had to this news- as different as crowds gathering to celebrate in Ground Zero and tweets from believers offering pious platitudes about Bin Ladenís death.
    One genuine mark of Christian faith is that our relationship with Jesus should take priority over anything else that may influence our thinking about, or our response to, any given situation. In other words, when viewing the death of Bin Laden, whether we are American or British, Democrat or Republican, military personnel or pacifist, we must strive to find out an appropriate Christian mindset. Of course, often discovering that mindset is easier said than done: but Iím going to offer some suggestions here.
    There are plenty of instances in the Old Testament of the celebration of enemy deaths, especially when it means Godís people have been protected. Yet those instances are under the old covenant, and donít really give us justification to celebrate anyoneís death today-however evil they may have been. A more appropriate emotion might be the relief of Ďfinal closureí after the capture and punishment of someone who had killed a close friend or family member. Certainly that would be the emotion that people who lost loved ones on 9-11 are feeling now.
    REVENGE should never be an emotion that motivates followers of Jesus. Again, there are a number of Old Testament passages that talk of Godís vengeance and Godís revenge, but the coming of Jesus changes that.
    Whilst in Romans we read: Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for Godís wrath, for it is written: ďIt is mine to avenge; I will repay,Ē says the Lord,
    Jesus actually goes even further and says: ďFather, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.Ē
    We canít even appeal to a sense of JUSTICE, because whilst God is a just and righteous judge, we canít operate from that perfect position, and the reality is that Godís righteous and perfect judgment on us has been carried out hand in hand with his GRACE and his MERCY. Itís only through the death of Jesus that any of us can escape the punishment that our selfishness and sinfulness deserves.
    However, that does not mean that we do not have to face the consequences that our earthly behavior leads to. A criminal who gives his or her life to the Lord after committing a major crime would still in all likelihood have to face a long prison sentence. Osama Bin Laden is accountable to the Lord for his terrorist activity and for the countless lives that have been lost as a result of his orders- but that is no different than how you and I are accountable for our actions. There is a sound argument for the idea that he should have been brought to the USA and faced up to his actions in front of an international court rather than being taken out by the special-forces team (however much we admire their professionalism, bravery and service).
    This opens up the question-did Bin Laden go to hell? And rather than answer this myself I want to send you to an insightful article by Lee Grady:
    http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/fire-in-my-bones/30896-did-osama-bi...
    Grady references this verse from Ezekiel:
    Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
    Rather than being too celebratory about Bin Ladenís death, we should reflect sombrely on the state of the world, remember with sadness all those who lost their lives or who lost loved ones due to acts of terrorism, and pray for a time when terrorists, criminals, violent death, and even armies and special forces teams are no more.
    70 years ago our great-grandparents struggled with the questions ĎIs Godís grace enough for Adolf Hitler?í and ĎDid Jesus die for Hitler too? We ask the same questions today about Osama bin Laden. No-one is too far beyond Godís love, his forgiveness and redemption. Yet that is not the same as saying they will accept and receive that love and forgiveness.

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Definitely an interesting perspective. I prefer the saying "God will handle the details, we just arrange the meeting."

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post
    Definitely an interesting perspective. I prefer the saying "God will handle the details, we just arrange the meeting."

AGREED!!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzyChinook View Post
    However, that does not mean that we do not have to face the consequences that our earthly behavior leads to. A criminal who gives his or her life to the Lord after committing a major crime would still in all likelihood have to face a long prison sentence. Osama Bin Laden is accountable to the Lord for his terrorist activity and for the countless lives that have been lost as a result of his orders- but that is no different than how you and I are accountable for our actions.
    I am a christian, but don't attend church as much as I should. But this is the part they fail to point out. Osama didn't repent for his sins of killing others, and stopped doing so. He was continuing his terrorist activities. This means we had to stop him from killing more, and that is what we did. Problem solved.

Blog Entries
    I don't think god has anything to do with it, Jewish, islamic, or Christian. Religion's what put him in this situation to begin with.

Don't be mad. Everything I post is "lol."

Quote Originally Posted by squidfamily1 View Post
    I don't think god has anything to do with it, Jewish, islamic, or Christian. Religion's what put him in this situation to begin with.
    @Crazy this was a good read a does put a different perspective on things. I am Baptized Catholic ONLY because my Mom's family are Italians. I by no means practice the Catholic religion or any Religion. Thats just me. I fought my Ex and my current GF on my boys being Baptized. I feel that they can chose what religion they want to be if they even chose to be religious. With all that said I have to agree with what Squid wrote here though. I was his Religion/Beliefs that got him put at the bottom of the sea and that was even being VERY nice of us to do that.

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A-25TH-ID-VET View Post
    @Crazy this was a good read a does put a different perspective on things. I am Baptized Catholic ONLY because my Mom's family are Italians. I by no means practice the Catholic religion or any Religion. Thats just me. I fought my Ex and my current GF on my boys being Baptized. I feel that they can chose what religion they want to be if they even chose to be religious. With all that said I have to agree with what Squid wrote here though. I was his Religion/Beliefs that got him put at the bottom of the sea and that was even being VERY nice of us to do that.
    yeah i know what your talking about i was raised and baptized catholic cause i grew up in a Scottish/Italian(father/stepmom)family also...i too argued with my then girlfriend who became my wife..but i just figured do it again and i dont have to argue with the family cause she and they are southern Baptist...and her being a PK i knew before i married her what i was getting in too...
    but like john stewart said the other night he's sleeping with Sponge BoB Square Pants!!LMAO!!!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    It's true....he really is on Spongebob! LOL!

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Venus of course. All women are from Venus!
    First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    If I'd lost a family member in 9/11 I would spitting on his grave too...regardless of any beliefs I held. Nothing ...absolutely nothing!...would make me feel any kind of human compassion whatsoever toward someone who hurt my babies! It's inconceivable to me.

What's a PK though?

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ladym123 View Post
    If I'd lost a family member in 9/11 I would spitting on his grave too...regardless of any beliefs I held. Nothing ...absolutely nothing!...would make me feel any kind of human compassion whatsoever toward someone who hurt my babies! It's inconceivable to me.

What's a PK though?
    PK=Pastor's Kid

stereotypical wild children...i married my wife late we both were 25 and we both got our wild streaks out of us!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher%27s_kid

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    PK=Pastor's Kid

stereotypical wild children...i married my wife late we both were 25 and we both got our wild streaks out of us!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher%27s_kid
    25? I was just about starting my wlld streak lol!

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    started mine around 19 in germany two 1/2 years of being drunk 24/7 nonstop... and wife started around 16 and just got worse..lol pretty up front for mom and dad and the church and snuck out every night!!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

I think your still in you WILD streak. I know I am and don't plan to stop till I get a dirt blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by River_Rat_459 View Post
    It's true....he really is on Spongebob! LOL!

The bastard was always trying to hide!!! I wish I was good with photo shop cause I would have to do something with this......
    I am sure some of you in here can do something. "Laden Of The Sea" SEALs Best Catch - Tall Boney Terrorist- In Lead

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    The bastard was always trying to hide!!! I wish I was good with photo shop cause I would have to do something with this......
    I am sure some of you in here can do something. "Laden Of The Sea" SEALs Best Catch - Tall Boney Terrorist- In Lead
    LOL too funny!!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

LOL too funny!!
    I think it would be a hit all over the web and on T-Shirts, bumper stickers, etc. WOW....the $$$$$$ LOL

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    My aunt sent me this on in an e-mail titled "BIN LADEN'S HEADSTONE"

Branch
    Marines
    Quote Originally Posted by jxspyder View Post

I agree 100%

I don't want to offend anyone and their religous beliefs so I hope none is taken by you guys when I say this.

I grew up going to church twice a week and was even an alterboy. As I grew older I started really thinking about religion and how true it may or may not be. I started thinking is the bible just stories and fables brought down generation to generation like the American Indians? We all have the right to believe in whatever we want to believe in but it really irritates me when hardcore bible thumpers try and push their religious beliefs onto other people. I think a lot of these hardcore people and churches are almost cultish. I was watching Survivor the other day and this kid on there is really into God. He is always saying how "it is Gods will that he is there", "God put him on redemtion island for a reason", "he is doing this to honor God", etc. I'm sorry but when every sentence that comes out of your mouth has God in it I believe there is a problem it's like your a drug addict and your drug is God. I have no problem with people and there religious beliefs but when I hear people talking like this my ears shutoff after about 2 min. I'm sorry about this rant but I just had to vent I'm tired of hearing people say we need to be better Christians...well sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone are Christians and not everyone takes religion as seriouse as you so tone it done a bit unless your talking to other people that believe as strongly as you do about God!

Again this wasn't to offend anyone and if I did...well it was Gods will that I did...lol just kidding!

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    I think your still in you WILD streak. I know I am and don't plan to stop till I get a dirt blanket.
    haha yeah maybe a mid life crisis more like!

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Not the greatest job, but you get the point, lol!! Good idea Vet!!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgUSMC View Post

I can never eat tuna again. Thanks.

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries

Katy Perry jumps for joy at your creation....

Great Job Db...I knew it would inspire you to use your skills. I figured Max would try to.

King of the Road
    First Name
    Ray
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    lol i would have tried but i don't have a computer to run photoshop right now. soon if things go as planned for a change but nothing in the mean time

Gaming is staying up 'til 3am to earn a trophy that isn't real.......BUT IS

First Name
    Lady
    Branch
    Civilian
    Great Job Db...I knew it would inspire you to use your skills. I figured Max would try to.
    haha yeah I thought it was a 'Max' post for a second too lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast