US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Staff[360-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries

Anonymous card left on my truck. MUST READ!!

Just like it says. Didn't know if I should put this thread in the Cabin or in here. I decided here, so ALL can read and REMEMBER, WHY we are still in the desert. I came out of Blockbuster yesterday after renting some movies with my wife. There was an anonymous envelope on my windshield under my wiper. The outside of the envelope was simply addressed "Thank You Hero". Intrigued (and my wife eyeballing me like WTF?), I opened it up to find a "Thank You" card inside. There was a personal, hand-written note inside. Here is what was wrote:

Dear Hero,
    I've often wondered how to show my sincere gratitude and appreciation for one who has sacrificed so much. One who has given so much, so I can be free. Thank you for your service and all you have given, so I, my children, and future generations will be free. May God Bless and keep you always. With love and prayer.....

After reading this, I felt VERY proud. I also cried too (yes, I do cry sometimes. Rare though.) But this card had a very special meaning to the person that left it. Yes, in true Marine Corps style (lol), I proudly have a "Marine Veteran" sticker on my back window (along with some other Marine Corps stickers), and My Sergeant rank sticker on my windshield above my inspection and registration. That's more than likely how this person saw my truck and left the card. Of all the hate that we (U.S. Military) get, this simple card, and this heart felt message, made it all go away. It made me remember when the U.S. was SO patriotic right after 9-11. There were U.S. Flags EVERYWHERE!!! Then as the weeks went on, they, and the patriotism with most, vanished. So, after all these years we have been "Over There" and the civvies that either don't care ,or have forgotten why we are there, there are STILL some that DO CARE!! And that is AWESOME!! That "some" try to understand, and usually can not fathom what we (U.S. Military) go through. Regardless of Branch. And that's makes me proud. You can ask my wife. There have have been alot of times that I have asked her "Does anybody really care about us anymore?" or "Do they not understand why we are still fighting?". I don't know who this civvy was, but I do respect them. And I would like to personally thank them for standing by the best fighting force in the world. The U.S. MILITARY!! SEMPER FI!!! Thank you, to all of ya'll that took the time to read this. May God Bless those that are still serving!
    Last edited by Warhammer0351; 05-23-2011 at 17:23.

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all outta gum!"-Duke Nukem

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing with everyone. There are still people who care, and it's great when they take the time to show it.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Tim's Bromance Partner
    First Name
    Ben
    Branch
    Army
    Thanks for sharing, good to hear there are people who take the time to show it.
    "Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves"

William Pitt, 1783

AWESOME!!! I am sure I would of shed a few tears if I where in your boots and found that note on my vehicle. It is OK Bro.... BIG boys do cry so, don't feel ashamed of it at all. IT is ALWAYS a great feeling when a civi recognizes us Vets and show it. The ONLY part that I correct them on is when they start saying that I am a hero. I feel the real heroes are the ones that gave the ultimate sacrifice for their Country, and each and every person within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer0351 View Post
    Just like it says. Didn't know if I should put this thread in the Cabin or in here. I decided here, so ALL can read and REMEMBER, WHY we are still in the desert. I came out of Blockbuster yesterday after renting some movies with my wife. There was an anonymous envelope on my windshield under my wiper. The outside of the envelope was simply addressed "Thank You Hero". Intrigued (and my wife eyeballing me like WTF?), I opened it up to find a "Thank You" card inside. There was a personal, hand-written note inside. Here is what was wrote:

Dear Hero,
    I've often wondered how to show my sincere gratitude and appreciation for one who has sacrificed so much. One who has given so much, so I can be free. Thank you for your service and all you have given, so I, my children, and future generations will be free. May God Bless and keep you always. With love and prayer.....

After reading this, I felt VERY proud. I also cried too (yes, I do cry sometimes. Rare though.) But this card had a very special meaning to the person that left it. Yes, in true Marine Corps style (lol), I proudly have a "Marine Veteran" sticker on my back window (along with some other Marine Corps stickers), and My Sergeant rank sticker on my windshield above my inspection and registration. That's more than likely how this person saw my truck and left the card. Of all the hate that we (U.S. Military) get, this simple card, and this heart felt message, made it all go away. It made me remember when the U.S. was SO patriotic right after 9-11. There were U.S. Flags EVERYWHERE!!! Then as the weeks went on, they, and the patriotism with most, vanished. So, after all these years we have been "Over There" and the civvies that either don't care ,or have forgotten why we are there, there are STILL some that DO CARE!! And that is AWESOME!! That "some" try to understand, and usually can not fathom what we (U.S. Military) go through. Regardless of Branch. And that's makes me proud. You can ask my wife. There have have been alot of times that I have asked her "Does anybody really care about us anymore?" or "Do they not understand why we are still fighting?". I don't know who this civvy was, but I do respect them. And I would like to personally thank them for standing by the best fighting force in the world. The U.S. MILITARY!! SEMPER FI!!! Thank you, to all of ya'll that took the time to read this. May God Bless those that are still serving!
    Bro that was awsome and i'm sure that it was an incredible and overwhelming thing to read. I'm positive that there are millions of people thinking of ways to do the same. did you ever find out who left that on your truck.

Git-R-Done:p

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    That's awesome man thanks for sharing! Glad to know that some still care.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

First Name
    Matt
    Branch
    Airforce
    Awesome!!! Good to know people really do still care!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE THANK A VET TODAY!

Branch
    Marines
    That's awesome bro!

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Freaking Awesome!! I Wish more people were like this!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Staff[360-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    To all that have agreed that more people should be like this, I very much agree also. But as we all know, that's probably not going to happen. I know it's sad for me to type that/this, but it's true. You have the most of the population who really don't give a fuck about what we do/did to protect them. It's mostly the younger ones that don't care and are too young to really understand the impact of it all. And from my experience of being around the public, the older people (around my age 34 or older) are the ones that show the respect of saying "Thank you". Keep in mind though, the Vets I come across, which I can tell from pins, hats, etc., I quickly tell THEM "Thank you" for their service. They usually tell me "No", it's YOU I thank now. Either way, it's a comraderie that still continues on. I just hope the younger ones, who choose to wear their pants half off their ass, or who don't really give a shit cuz "mommy and daddy didn't give me EVERYTHING I wanted", will remember WHY they are FREE! They, in all honestly, probably won't. And it's a sad truth. That we as "Heroes" to some, won't matter to a pile of shit to others. If, they don't think that about us already. This country(God Bless It!) and World is going to hell in a handbag so fast, that maybe we all should hope the crazy Pastor's prediction is true!! LOL!!! But on a serious note, when questioned about my Service from the High School kids I sometimes work with, they ask me how did I do it? I ask them what do you mean "How"? Their response is always the same, "I didn't/don't think I can make it in the Marines/Military." I tell them, what makes you think that? You haven't even tried yet!! Then they usually respond with, "Well I just know I couldn't make it." I think they are afraid of being away from mommy/daddy. Cuz they (mommy/daddy) give them anything they want. I had to WORK for an ALLOWANCE in my days! If I wanted a toy, you better believe I was out in the yard mowing it! With a pushmower! Even though I could only reach the middle bar! I did it! I guess parents these days don't instill that type of self-respect in their kids. That's probably why Dr. Phil is so damn popular! LOL!! Anywho, I could stand on this "soap box" for a long time. I will get off now. Thank ya'll again for taking the time to read this! Semper Fi!!
    Last edited by Warhammer0351; 05-24-2011 at 18:07.

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I'm all outta gum!"-Duke Nukem