US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Blog Entries

Military Medical Records

So, since I have been accepted to the University of Illinois, I need to show proof of immunizations for a bunch of stuff. And this bunch of stuff is what I am sure the Army gave me when I was in BCT @ Ft. Knox the one day we all had to stand in a line and get pricked with needles. My question is, is there somewhere in my files that will tell me and U of I what those shots were that they gave us? I would figure somewhere amongst the medical papers I have, but I haven't seemed to locate anything yet. Is there anyone out there that can help me with this question, or do I have to get more shots?

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    yep, should all be noted in your medical records.

Did you get and copy your full medical record including your immo card?

Quote Originally Posted by justj12479 View Post
    So, since I have been accepted to the University of Illinois, I need to show proof of immunizations for a bunch of stuff. And this bunch of stuff is what I am sure the Army gave me when I was in BCT @ Ft. Knox the one day we all had to stand in a line and get pricked with needles. My question is, is there somewhere in my files that will tell me and U of I what those shots were that they gave us? I would figure somewhere amongst the medical papers I have, but I haven't seemed to locate anything yet. Is there anyone out there that can help me with this question, or do I have to get more shots?

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

First Name
    Doug
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    if you don't have look up on line to get. Now some of the shots are batch and show as SE Asia plague I, II, IV or Middle east Plague II-V, now if you ask the VA to tell what are in these batch shots they will tell you they are classified. This really pisses me off, I told the doctor I was there its not classified, just want to know what they shot in my body, still to this day they will not tell me, just waiting for that 3 arm so I can drink and play video games at the same time.

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    1st section in your medical record or ask the va to pull it up electronically. When did u get out of the military might I ask?

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    There might be a "yellow card", which is actually a yellow leaflet, in your medical file.

You can also try going to http://www.mods.army.mil/ and then clicking on "MEDPROS". You'll need a CAC card to log in.

If not able to get in that way, check iPerms at https://iperms.hrc.army.mil/ and see if they permed your record after you got out (which they should have). Again, you will need a CAC card.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by toby2533 View Post
    if you don't have look up on line to get. Now some of the shots are batch and show as SE Asia plague I, II, IV or Middle east Plague II-V, now if you ask the VA to tell what are in these batch shots they will tell you they are classified. This really pisses me off, I told the doctor I was there its not classified, just want to know what they shot in my body, still to this day they will not tell me, just waiting for that 3 arm so I can drink and play video games at the same time.
    You just gotta love the military when they tell you shit like this. I can tell you back in 2000 I had to have a PPD Test for TB and it came back positive. My good friend who is in the Reserves and is my Dr. told me that it probably was some shit that the Military shot me up with that caused the positive reaction. He also said that I may have at sometime been around someone with TB but, he is very sure it was the shots that they gave out. So, whenever they want a PPD test now I just tell them not to waste their time and give me chest X-Rays. The good thing is when I got my 1st Positive test I had them test my Boys and GF and they all tested Negative. So, thats a plus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mardigra21 View Post
    1st section in your medical record or ask the va to pull it up electronically. When did u get out of the military might I ask?
    Thanks for all your help guys, looked through everything I have in my military file, guess they never gave me back my immo card, I've got some of the medical stuff, but not all of it. So first I tried the VA, they in turn told me to go to the National Archives, so I've got a request in with NPRC which should be what I need. I got out of the service in December of 2004. Funny thing is, what I did notice since I hadn't looked through it all in so long; is that somehow I received someone else's MEPCOM medical form, from way back when I went through my initial medical tests before leaving for BCT. Complete with this other person's name, address, SSN, everything....what do I do with this, shred and throw out, send it somewhere? Of course giving me all of someone else's info. is just like the military for ya...I wonder how many times this kind of thing happens?

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    When I was a unit administrator, it happened more than you'd think. I'd get medical records shipped to our unit from troopies not assigned to our unit who had graduated basic training with Soldiers who were assigned to us. Sometimes, it would be the other way around and our troops' records would go somewhere else.

FWIW, it's very easy to make the mistake. If you have a file cabinet crammed with personnel, medical, and dental records, it's very easy to drop someone's paperwork into the wrong file. It's all about attention to detail.

If you want to do the right thing, just mail them to the National Archives with a note explaining that they were in your file and didn't belong to you. Otherwise, your best bet is to just destroy them.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.