US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    Oxford, AL(home) and Lake Charles, LA(work)
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries

Sheesh!! Is someone telling me not to buy a PS3???

ok so i go to the px with a HUGE wad..ready to spend...extra money... sweet!! i figure WTH ill get a PS3...ive been back and forth..and i owned a ps1 and 2...and since i own 2 no 3 xbox's...one is my son's..one is my old one with a failing dvd..works when it wants to not when i want it to..and my new xbox slim...i really wanst so sure...but with everything square and i just paid for my wife's surprise B-day gift(color nook)...i figured ...ok no more excuse's..and i round the cornor in the px and where they usually have a huge pile of Xbox 360's and PS3 is..empty....ugghh...so i ask one of the TCN's that work there and he gives me some dirka dirka dirka crap and i look for a English speaking Representative ..she told me try back friday that they get a shipment in wed but it get out to the floor by friday...

so quick questions for the big USMG PS3 family is what game do i get for my PS3?? im looking at getting just PS3 title first....i always wanted to play god of war series and uncharted series looked interesting...im thinking LA Noire cause i heard that it plays better on PS3...not sure..any thought my USMG family???

looking at blue rays players ive read that the ps3 is one of the better ones to get..bang for your buck...anyone use their PS3 as a Blue Ray movie player??

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

USMG [Retired Staff] Member
    First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    Uncharted 1/2 for sure and god of war 3, if you like racing check out the motorstorm series also killzone 1/2
    Heavy rain
    Socom 4

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    Uncharted is a definate buy, so is the GoW series. Own them, love them. Can't go wrong with Assassins Creed, and Mortal Kombat either. GT5 also great on PS3.

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Hell yeah the PS3 blu-ray is better! One key consideration is that the PS3 allows for easy firmware updates. You can buy the blu-ray remote additionally, if you want.

I can't give you any insight into L.A. Noire, but if you're looking for some great PS3 only titles, here are a few recommendations:

• God of War 3: Probably one of the best games ever put out for any system. You may want to invest in the GoW Collection, which includes GoW 1&2, but these are only ports from PS2. Still makes for a great story arc.

• MAG: USMG used to play this religiously, as it allowed for 256 player combat at the same time. We don't play it collectively as much and it's popularity has kind of died down, but once in a while you can find huge games going on.
    • Killzone 3: A personal favorite. Killzone 2 was more a more challenging SP campaign, IMO, but KZ3 has a better multiplayer.
    • Little Big Planet: I can only comment on the first one, as I don't have LBP2 yet. But I understand it's even better than the first.

There are plenty more out there that are good, but I can't attest to them all. The only other PS3 exclusive I'm playing at the moment is SOCOM 4, which is a third person shooter. It's good.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Go nuts!!!! MGS4, GOW3,BFBC2, ME2,COD BLACK OPS, Borderlands, Brink, SOCOM4.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

I run this website..

First Name
    Chris
    Branch
    Navy
    Blog Entries
    What do you think of Brink jack?

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Go nuts!!!! MGS4, GOW3,BFBC2, ME2,COD BLACK OPS, Borderlands, Brink, SOCOM4.

Please do not contact me for recruiting issues or to add or create you a signature. I will ignore you.

First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by River_Rat_459 View Post
    Hell yeah the PS3 blu-ray is better! One key consideration is that the PS3 allows for easy firmware updates. You can buy the blu-ray remote additionally, if you want.

I can't give you any insight into L.A. Noire, but if you're looking for some great PS3 only titles, here are a few recommendations:

• God of War 3: Probably one of the best games ever put out for any system. You may want to invest in the GoW Collection, which includes GoW 1&2, but these are only ports from PS2. Still makes for a great story arc.

• MAG: USMG used to play this religiously, as it allowed for 256 player combat at the same time. We don't play it collectively as much and it's popularity has kind of died down, but once in a while you can find huge games going on.
    • Killzone 3: A personal favorite. Killzone 2 was more a more challenging SP campaign, IMO, but KZ3 has a better multiplayer.
    • Little Big Planet: I can only comment on the first one, as I don't have LBP2 yet. But I understand it's even better than the first.

There are plenty more out there that are good, but I can't attest to them all. The only other PS3 exclusive I'm playing at the moment is SOCOM 4, which is a third person shooter. It's good.
    I would say this is pretty accurate of my thoughts. Actually, Tracker and I were tearing up some MAG last night. We had some great games too! Teams actually working together make for some epic moments in MAG! Still one of my all time favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    What do you think of Brink jack?
    Best team based shooter out there today, it puts SOCOM 4 to shame.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

USMG Beer & Boob Judge
    First Name
    Corey
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide400 View Post
    I would say this is pretty accurate of my thoughts. Actually, Tracker and I were tearing up some MAG last night. We had some great games too! Teams actually working together make for some epic moments in MAG! Still one of my all time favorites!
    I saw you guys out there playing. What PMC are you guys under now?

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Best team based shooter out there today, it puts SOCOM 4 to shame.
    Agreed.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CrzyChinook View Post

looking at blue rays players ive read that the ps3 is one of the better ones to get..bang for your buck...anyone use their PS3 as a Blue Ray movie player??
    I guess the rest answered your questions. I just want to say that I have never owned a Blu Ray player. I have always used my PS3.... I also dont have a DVD player. So, yeah... PS3 is the bigger bang for your buck.

First Name
    John
    Branch
    Civilian
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by River_Rat_459 View Post
    I saw you guys out there playing. What PMC are you guys under now?

We are still rolling Valor.

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Its Friday ...And still no PS3....all the freaking fob convoys have been here on post for the past 3 days!! ugghh hopefully once they leave by next week to head out to their FOB's they will restock and i can get my grubby little hands on one!! this money is burning a hole in my pocket

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Good things come to those who wait lol.

King of the Road
    First Name
    Ray
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    let me know when you get it and i'll hook you up with one of my fake accounts i used for free cars in gran turismo 5. They may be fake accounts but they were made prior to the cut off date so they're eligible for the 2 free games and 30 days of playstation plus and all the free stuff that comes with it. even if your internet connection sucks out there, so long as you activate the downloads in the next 30 days you're good. You could then do the actual downloading once you got back stateside and have 2 new games as a welcome home gift

Gaming is staying up 'til 3am to earn a trophy that isn't real.......BUT IS

First Name
    Aubrey
    Branch
    Airforce
    Very sneaky Max. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusR3 View Post
    let me know when you get it and i'll hook you up with one of my fake accounts i used for free cars in gran turismo 5. They may be fake accounts but they were made prior to the cut off date so they're eligible for the 2 free games and 30 days of playstation plus and all the free stuff that comes with it. even if your internet connection sucks out there, so long as you activate the downloads in the next 30 days you're good. You could then do the actual downloading once you got back stateside and have 2 new games as a welcome home gift

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    and still one week later ...no PS3.....uuuggghhh come on AAFESS!!!!

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Global Moderator
    First Name
    Dave
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    and still one week later ...no PS3.....uuuggghhh come on AAFESS!!!!
    God is telling you something.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    i know i know..i already feel like im cheating on my xbox..but ive always been a multi system type of guy..even go back and forth PC ~ Console...but i have been really faithful to my 360...but i need to get a blue ray player so i might as well ....but it does feel like some is trying to tell me something...hopefully AAFES will restock next week...like i said before this money is burning a hole in my pocket..lol

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

First Name
    DAVID
    Branch
    Marines
    Probably be quicker to have your wife FedEx you one from the states.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -General Mattis

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    no fed ex maybe usps..normal package that would cost say 40 bucks to ship would cost over 140 with fed ex.....freaking ridiculous

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

Some of my favs and IMO PS3 "must haves".

Metal Gear Solid 4
    Demon's Souls
    MAG
    Gran Turisimo 5
    Uncharted 1 & 2

Louisville, KY

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Da Hell with AAFES!!...im sooo pissed...i found out sun morn they put out 2 pallets of consoles..one xbox and one ps3....i got there at 1330...SOLD Da F**K Out!!! WTF....i order on the same day from amazon...free shipping....and i got the Call of Duty BO Bundle....figured why not..same price...hahaha now i have CoD:BO one all three systems!! xbox,PC,&PS3....should be seeing it by next week...if the USPS doesnt decide to slow down...

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

First Name
    Martin
    Branch
    Navy
    Da Hell with AAFES!!...im sooo pissed...i found out sun morn they put out 2 pallets of consoles..one xbox and one ps3....i got there at 1330...SOLD Da F**K Out!!! WTF....i order on the same day from amazon...free shipping....and i got the Call of Duty BO Bundle....figured why not..same price...hahaha now i have CoD:BO one all three systems!! xbox,PC,&PS3....should be seeing it by next week...if the USPS doesnt decide to slow down...
    Lol you gone through quite a bit with aafes, amazon ftw

Staff[Xbox-Recruiting]
    First Name
    Craig
    Branch
    Army
    Blog Entries
    Thats AAFES for you .....they are know as the Military's Mob Family...gotcha by the balls!! theve got their own Don!...(Aka whatever General has gotten lucky enough for that position) and nothing but civilians running the whole thing ..strong arming the military to hand over their hard earned cash....lmao

"Kisses*Hugs*Belly Rubs"

First Name
    Brandon
    Branch
    Army
    one is my old one with a failing dvd..works when it wants to not when i want it to
    Just buy a new disc reader for it. make sure it's the same model
    "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast