US Military Gamers - Powered by vBulletin

USMG [Retired Staff] Member

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes".- Andrew Jackson

King of the Road
    First Name
    Ray
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    personally i think his very small statement was WAAAAAAAAY too vague to make a valid assumption period, let alone assume it regards a canceled game. read this quote again and let your mind wander:

"I cannot bear, and cannot be positive""What I prepared minutely spending a year became meaningless."

also keep in mind that this is a translation from Japanese so, as translations often do, it doesn't always come across clearly or accurately. To be honest, when I first read it when he posted it my initial thought we, i kid you not "hmm...he's been trying really hard to have a kid for the past year and now found out he's impotent?" lol as funny as my thought sounds, it goes to show you that the idea that it's even video game related is one in an infinate amount of possibilities. But being who he is and all, we could make educated guesses as to what he meant and still come up with dozens of possibilities that don't involve a cancelled game. Maybe that long rumored MGS movie got shot down, or maybe his dog ate the script? Perhaps he was traing himself or his friend all year for some sort of athletic event but sustained an injury and can't continue (he's been tweeting about exercising with a friend for months). Maybe he had been planning all year on what to bring to E3 this year but due to a family emergency he can't make it? Perhaps that action figure he'd been tweeting pictures of was part of a mgs action figure line and they finally finished all the prototypes and it got turned down. How about if he'd been courting a woman all year and it has fallen apart. I could keep going forever lol, I just don't want to think something got cancelled and get disappointed only to find out it was totally unrelated and he was just upset that his real life metal gear broke or something

Gaming is staying up 'til 3am to earn a trophy that isn't real.......BUT IS

Wink

True but it is fun to stir the pot none the less.

King of the Road
    First Name
    Ray
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    i got another one:
    he was working on aging his very own Kojima-san brand cheese but someone ate it without him knowing

Ouch, that's how you ruin a great bree.

King of the Road
    First Name
    Ray
    Branch
    Marines
    Blog Entries
    with all the upcoming stuff just announced i think Kojima's plate is so full that there wasn't even room for a cancelled project. I counted 5 running game projects, a brand new graphics engine, and this psp/ps3 transfarring system they're making. busy dev studio